Trusted Contributor

Re: Megyn Kelly's colleagues........

She is boring.

Esteemed Contributor

DH and I turn the channel when her segment comes on.  In the off chance she is picked as his replacement I will stop watching Today (been a fan since Dave Garroway).  Team Willie Geist

Honored Contributor

My mother in law, would want to know what the National Enquirer said about it all. LOL

Honored Contributor

If there is any truth to it, we'll see it in some legitimate sources but they are 100% on the mark about her abysmally awful show and her mega bucks salary.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@seaBreeze wrote:

Heard her comments ... I use the word "cut-throat" to describe her diatribe she relinquished on Matt.  The sign of progress I would like to see is Ms. Kelly leaving the network.  Her verbal attacks are cruel and abusive.  She needs to go .... no news commentator is worth an eight figure salary.

------------------

Totally agree....what a waste of dollars and air time!!   I tried watching her show, but it just isn't working....

Respected Contributor

@corita wrote:

@seaBreeze wrote:

Heard her comments ... I use the word "cut-throat" to describe her diatribe she relinquished on Matt.  The sign of progress I would like to see is Ms. Kelly leaving the network.  Her verbal attacks are cruel and abusive.  She needs to go .... no news commentator is worth an eight figure salary.

------------------

Totally agree....what a waste of dollars and air time!!   I tried watching her show, but it just isn't working....

I agree!!

Respected Contributor

If true, it doesn't surprise me. NBC made a big blunder hiring her in the first place. She's a very polarizing figure, and I suspect she wasn't as popular on Fox News as originally believed. Bring back Ann Curry. 

Respected Contributor

Why is there a backlash from her colleagues? Those bullet points don't provide any information that shows anything horrible in how she responded to Matt Lauer's firing.

Why is Megan the focus of his firing anyway? I don't care for her at all, but what does she have to do with what Matt did?

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

Why is there a backlash from her colleagues? Those bullet points don't provide any information that shows anything horrible in how she responded to Matt Lauer's firing.

Why is Megan the focus of his firing anyway? I don't care for her at all, but what does she have to do with what Matt did?

@JJsMom:  I was not going to put the link in since it is against rules.  If you go to that website there is plenty to back up this thread.  Did you see her show?  The article will fill in those blanks.  I didn't want to put the whole article out there.

Respected Contributor

EXCLUSIVE: 'No one wanted Megyn here, she was forced upon us and today reinforced why she will NEVER be part of the Today family.' Staff are outraged at 'smug' Kelly and her insensitivity to colleagues over Matt Lauer firing.

Staffers at The Today Show have expressed their disgust and outrage at Megyn Kelly for her smug, self-aggrandizing display and insensitivity to her distraught colleagues in the wake of Matt Lauer's firing.

Insiders at the show told DailyMail.com that if she had a public comment to make she should have focused on the accuser and the Today team who are devastated by by the allegation surrounding Lauer and his firing, which came late Tuesday night.

Instead, Kelly used her platform on her show Wednesday to say: 'This one does hit close to home. I too have known Matt for a long time and he has been a friend and kind and supportive to me in my transition to NBC News.'

And later that day, at a media event in Manhattan, she hailed his firing as 'a sign of progress.'

Her Today Show colleagues are outraged.

'We work in an industry of egos but this is the most opportunistic thing we've ever seen,' said one staffer.

'We now have the highest paid person at NBC News hosting one of the lowest rating shows, and rather than being humble, she takes the first opportunity to take the spotlight and make it all about her and what she knew.

'Our team is hurting and the newest member of the team who is yet to prove herself is out and about making public comments that she truly has no knowledge of.'

All day members of the Today show were crying and distraught, staffers told DailyMail.com.

'But rather than sticking around and spending time with the staff, Megyn made sure she was the center of attention.

'No one wanted Megyn here, she was forced upon us and today reinforced why she will never be a member of the Today family.'

'And here's something we'd like to say about her – she's terrible on morning television, her show is terrible, her staff think she is terrible, in fact her show should be call Terrible with Megyn Kelly.

'They were right over at Fox News, she deserves the nickname 'Me-Again' – as it is all about her even though she fails to see that the viewers don't like her.'