Honored Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

This dress is the WOW factor for tonight's reception. Their first dance is to Whitney Houston's I Wanna Dance with Someone - Meghan's Happy Day music. 

They make a stunning couple and I believe they are the power couple to watch.

Also heard on the news - Meghan has exceeded Kate's popularity! The English just love her.

And this deserves an exclamation why... Not even to mention how this would be reliably measured... Kate has stood the test of time and I'd guess her popularity will remain constant. Markle is the new kid on the block and was just the focus of a royal extravaganza so it makes sense she'd see an uptick... I expect their relative popularity will ebb and flow... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@saltysails wrote:

The dress is pretty, but makes her shoulders look huge.  Maybe a soft lace over the shoulder area would have been nice.

Huge??? No way!! Cover her shoulders with lace?  double no way!!

She has beautiful shoulders and arms!!!!  I like this dress MUCH better than the first.

Even though both dresses are plain this second one has fabric that drapes much more nicely than the first.

Honored Contributor

I hope people aren't going to try to pit these two ladies against each other. They have different roles to play and are different type people. The brothers are very close, and there has never been any indication, Harry resented William at all

I would be glad not to have to wear the crown, I don't think it's a picnic, and I think Meghan ,will be a great help to Kate and William

Respected Contributor

I think Meghan did it just right. The wedding dress was appropriate and perfect for the wedding. The second dress was perfect for the party. Loved that dress!

Respected Contributor

@NycVixen wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

I really like Meghan, but I’m a little confused as to why both her dresses seemed so loose.  I don’t know a lot about fashion.  Is that the style?  I know she lost weight in the last couple weeks, but isn’t it natural for a bride to be fitted right up to the night before the event?

@TenderMerciesYou completely understand where I'm coming from and ITA. I like both dresses and I don't know why the designers and stylist let her wear them like that. IMO it's not flattering to have baggy extra material especially in the waist and chest area.

I got my bridal shoes and some accessories at the famous bridal salon Kleinfeld's and I was advised it was normal to do 3-4 alterations. The last one being right before the wedding as needed. They are super expensive but necessary for proper fit. I was lucky I had a corset back since I too lost weight leading up to my wedding but my dress was easily adjusted. She needed one last alteration IMO. Clothing is first about fit then quality. I learned this working many years in the Apparel/Fashion industry.

When a garment fits properly it looks much more expensive and made for you. Her dresses do not look custom made IMO being that loose. The second one is at least much better.

And I still think it's unfathomable that she wouldn't have had all of the fittings that she needed, up until right before the wedding, since she wasn't some bride purchasing a dress at Kleinfeld's. 

Honored Contributor
That ring is gorgeous...so nice that Harry wanted to share something so important to him on their wedding day.
Esteemed Contributor

Meghans dresses were GORGEOUS -- she's a total Princess. And - she captured Harry's Heart.

Spoiler

Trusted Contributor

Re: Meghan's second dress

[ Edited ]

I too loved both dresses and feel she chose correctly for the occasions they were meant for.  She has beautiful shoulders btw. 

Valued Contributor

royal-wedding-blue-markle-1526758034.jpg

Meghan's nod to "something blue" was the pale blue sole of her shoes and the aquamarine ring.  

Honored Contributor

@cherry  Harry gave Meghan Diana's Aquamarine ring as a wedding gift.  These people have the jewels!  Omg!  I mean Meghan's engagement ring was made from diamonds of Diana's which I think is beautiful.  Will also gave Cate a engagement ring made from Diana's diamonds.  If you have the jewels in the family you might as well use them.  Both Princes ended up with beautiful brides.

kindness is strength