Honored Contributor

Re: Meghan's Nickname By Royal Staff - Di 2

@beckyb1012

You are correct, my mistake.   I just remembered she was not in the home in part of Dianas’ life, and that Diana felt abandoned by her Mom.  

Yep, I’m one of those who believes the Spencers are more British, with much deeper roots in the country, than the newly minted “Windsors”

I too am history lover.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I wonder how many of those who gave Meghan that nickname were actually around as staff members 20 - plus yrs. ago when Diana was around the palace?  Makes you wonder whether they really know first-hand of what they speak.  (She died 21 years ago and hadn't lived with the royals for a while before that).

They've probably been around those who actually were around as staff members at that time.

You know, like the posters on these boards.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Windsors also carry the blood of the Strathmores, from the Queen Mother.  I think their line goes way back.  The QM was raised in Glamis castle

Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Other than being a woman and loving Harry; Meghan is not similar to Diana in any way imaginable. Those two women are as different as any two women could possibly be.   As for the jewelry; Kate was photographed this week at events where she wore pieces that Diana wore.  She does that often and that's not counting her engagement ring. It's the Daily Mail, take it for it's worth.  

I wonder if Kate is jealous because Meghan is getting all the attention now.  We will have to wait and see if it continues or dies down.  No doubt that Harry and Meghan will be more fun to watch than William and Kate.

I think Kate has no even remote reason to be jealous of Meghan. She is younger, classier, better looking ( on my taste ), much better educated, has better taste, she comes from normal, non disfunctional, wealthy, hard working, loving family. And she married a future King, gave birth to future King, she herself is future Queen, she has 3 healthy beautiful children...... Really, think about it.... The only thing is that Harry is sexier than William, but hey, the girl cannot have everything.

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@beckyb1012

You are correct, my mistake.   I just remembered she was not in the home in part of Dianas’ life, and that Diana felt abandoned by her Mom.  

Yep, I’m one of those who believes the Spencers are more British, with much deeper roots in the country, than the newly minted “Windsors”

I too am history lover.

I get so lost in reading all of that.  Even the history of 19th century New York USA Moms finding broke Duke's to wed their daughters way back in the day.  The Marlborough Family falls in that category when Alva Vanderbilt forced her daughter to marry Charles-Spencer Churchill.  Wish my library had more books.  Have a great weekend.  It is National Pumpkin Pie today so I am off to find me some.Heart

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I've started to feel sort of sorry for Charles in some ways.  He was an awkward child, so much was expected from him, his parents were distant to put it mildly, and he seems to have tried to do what was right for his role many times, putting aside what he really wanted. Boarding school must have been very difficult.

Diana was raised with the Royal family and should have understood what her real role was.  If she didn't that was tragic for her, both of them really, but like some said, she obvioiusly had issues.

So here is Charles married to someone because she was picked out for him, she's manipulating the world to love her and hate him, what a mess. I don't know of any other affairs he was supposed to have had except Camilla after he married Diana. . . Doesn't seem like he was out chasing others a lot. 

Charles is no saint, but also he has had a difficult time of it in some ways.  Put in so many situations not of his choice really.  

@Sooner

Diana was in no way raised with the royal family, yes, she came from a very old, well known family, but was very much sheltered.  Her mother died early, and she too was sent to boarding school.  She was a young, shy, 17 year old, just out of what we would consider high school, a girl working in a kindergarten (her first job), when Chas. picked her.  She surely hadn’t been prepared for what was to be her role.  He was very much an older, man of the world, in his 30s, he choose her.  No one made him, he had walked away from others before.

Yes, she had issues, but I just can’t have any sympathy with his behavior in this area.

Sorry, but it has always bothered me, what could he have expected of such an inexperienced person in the face of his on going relationship with C?

During the time of engagement Diana was working as a live in tutor, baby sitter for one very rich American financier ( they happened to be my patients in the past ) . I have never known that till I watched a documentary on Diana. I almost fell off my chair when I saw my patient on the screen talking about it. They kept it a secret for many years.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@puttypiesmom wrote:

Diana would have flourished had there not been a Camilla and Queen Elizabeth has been quoted for her complete disgust with Camilla for not leaving Charles alone during that time.  Had she just exited from the picture their relationship would have had a chance.  Yes, things are different now and Harry and William are close to Camilla's children but the truth has not escaped them either of what could have been, had Camilla had the grace to walk away.  

Charles never loved Diana, he used her.

And he was used too.  He was convinced by others that he couldn't marry a divorced woman and that Diana was the one who should be his wife and Queen.  Looking back, the whole thing is like a Shakespearean tragedy.  He did it for his position in the crown.

Respected Contributor

The only thing Meghan might have in common with Princess Diana is Harry.  

I think she is trying hard to emulate Diana as best she can, but she has a long way to go and certainly a lot to learn. It was her dream to be royalty and she is giving it her best.  She appeared somewhere the other day with the tag hanging off of her new dress.   

I do give her kudos for trying, and she is trying. And, she has the money at her disposal to do so.  

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

I wouldn't want to be called a name that belonged to someone else -- no matter how wonderful they think that person was.

I'd rather have a nickname that was given to me because of me.

I wouldn't want to wear another woman's wedding ring. thought she got shorted on that.

@SharkEYou wouldln't want that sapphire?  Oh, wait, it's not red.  So what if it were a ruby that big?  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Those colors are for cocktail rings. I'm old school diamond is what you give your fiancee for engagement.