Honored Contributor

Re: Meghan's Nickname By Royal Staff - Di 2

@CinNC wrote:

"Retired08 wrote:

The only thing Meghan might have in common with Princess Diana is Harry.  

I think she is trying hard to emulate Diana as best she can, but she has a long way to go and certainly a lot to learn. It was her dream to be royalty and she is giving it her best.  She appeared somewhere the other day with the tag hanging off of her new dress."

I don't feel so bad now.......I went to two doctor appointments yesterday with the tag hanging off my new shirt.

@CinNC  Well,  you fashionista you!  Woman LOL

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Other than being a woman and loving Harry; Meghan is not similar to Diana in any way imaginable. Those two women are as different as any two women could possibly be.   As for the jewelry; Kate was photographed this week at events where she wore pieces that Diana wore.  She does that often and that's not counting her engagement ring. It's the Daily Mail, take it for it's worth.  

I wonder if Kate is jealous because Meghan is getting all the attention now.  We will have to wait and see if it continues or dies down.  No doubt that Harry and Meghan will be more fun to watch than William and Kate.

That depends on who is doing the watching.  Me?  I'd rather watch William, Kate and their three children any day of the week. Woman Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

I think she is trying hard to emulate Diana as best she can, but she has a long way to go and certainly a lot to learn. It was her dream to be royalty and she is giving it her best.  She appeared somewhere the other day with the tag hanging off of her new dress.   

I do give her kudos for trying, and she is trying. And, she has the money at her disposal to do so.  

Retired08, you hit the nail on the head.  Meghan in no way is anything like Diana was.  Meghan, from what I have read, has studied Di and deliberately emulates her which of course endears her to Harry.  She copies the way Diana dressed, the jewelry she wore and goes out of her way in just about everything she does to have a piece of Diana on her.  She knows exactly what she is doing and Harry and the public is falling for it.  

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@SANNA wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Other than being a woman and loving Harry; Meghan is not similar to Diana in any way imaginable. Those two women are as different as any two women could possibly be.   As for the jewelry; Kate was photographed this week at events where she wore pieces that Diana wore.  She does that often and that's not counting her engagement ring. It's the Daily Mail, take it for it's worth.  

I wonder if Kate is jealous because Meghan is getting all the attention now.  We will have to wait and see if it continues or dies down.  No doubt that Harry and Meghan will be more fun to watch than William and Kate.

I think Kate has no even remote reason to be jealous of Meghan. She is younger, classier, better looking ( on my taste ), much better educated, has better taste, she comes from normal, non disfunctional, wealthy, hard working, loving family. And she married a future King, gave birth to future King, she herself is future Queen, she has 3 healthy beautiful children...... Really, think about it.... The only thing is that Harry is sexier than William, but hey, the girl cannot have everything.

@SANNA  I REALLY hope William isn't reading the Q message board today!  LOLOLOL Woman LOL

As far as looks goes, neither of those men would turn my head... 

As far as Markle being labeled "Di 2", makes some level of sense... Always thought she smacked of being a bit of a wannabe...

Smiley Surprised

I don't know that Di wanted it but from what some have said about Meghan, she studied the royal family because her dream was to marry a prince and live in England.

Honored Contributor

The Duchess of Sussex seems to share secrets with QVC posters. LOL

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

Who pray tell are these people who have said that Meghan studied the Royal Family because she alwys dreamed of marrying a prince and moving to England? The only place that I have ever read this is on this forum. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@50Mickey wrote:

@Georgiagrama wrote:

I think she is trying hard to emulate Diana as best she can, but she has a long way to go and certainly a lot to learn. It was her dream to be royalty and she is giving it her best.  She appeared somewhere the other day with the tag hanging off of her new dress.   

I do give her kudos for trying, and she is trying. And, she has the money at her disposal to do so.  

"It was alwys her dream to be royalty." You know this how? 

@50Mickey

There were several interviews with Meghans close friends prior to the marriage on television.  Childhood friends and friends she went to school with.  Perhaps you missed them.  They all had nice things to say about Meghan and they all mentioned that she was obessed with Diana and dreamed of being royalty. There was more said on the subject, but I, personally, have no interest in her one way or another so I turned my attention elsewhere. Wish I had paid more attention now so that I could relay the exact interview time and date and station for you.     

Respected Contributor

So, if you pronounce the Di as in an Italian "Dee"  with Harry being Dianas 2nd Royal son

would that make Harry and Meghans Nickname  R2 Di 2?

Valued Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@50Mickey wrote:

@Georgiagrama wrote:

"It was alwys her dream to be royalty." You know this how? 

@50Mickey

There were several interviews with Meghans close friends prior to the marriage on television.  Friends she grew up with and friends she went to school with.  Perhaps you missed them.  They all had nice things to say about Meghan and they all mentioned that she was obessed with Diana.   

Close friends? It was not close friends. It was one  who knew her sometimes ago and they did not connect long time. Yellow press was looking somebody to get some  staff and they  found this one who said a lot of you know what.

But you free to believe.People believe what they want to believe.

Look like Royal family likes her and they really happy with Harry.

This is all the meters.

Esteemed Contributor

From what I've read, some royal insiders thought Diana was high maintenance, clingy, dramatic...so that nickname may not be a compliment to Meghan.