Honored Contributor

Re: Meghan's Nickname By Royal Staff - Di 2

@puttypiesmom wrote:

Diana would have flourished had there not been a Camilla and Queen Elizabeth has been quoted for her complete disgust with Camilla for not leaving Charles alone during that time.  Had she just exited from the picture their relationship would have had a chance.  Yes, things are different now and Harry and William are close to Camilla's children but the truth has not escaped them either of what could have been, had Camilla had the grace to walk away.  

Charles never loved Diana, he used her.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

They're alike in superficial ways but not fundamentally.

Diana had little-to-no self-esteem or self-confidence and Meghan seems very confident to me.

Meghan is an excellent public speaker and Diana reportedly always found it "challenging"..........

Honored Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

I wouldn't want to be called a name that belonged to someone else -- no matter how wonderful they think that person was.

I'd rather have a nickname that was given to me because of me.

I wouldn't want to wear another woman's wedding ring. thought she got shorted on that.

Honored Contributor

@puttypiesmom wrote:

Diana would have flourished had there not been a Camilla and Queen Elizabeth has been quoted for her complete disgust with Camilla for not leaving Charles alone during that time.  Had she just exited from the picture their relationship would have had a chance.  Yes, things are different now and Harry and William are close to Camilla's children but the truth has not escaped them either of what could have been, had Camilla had the grace to walk away.  

@puttypiesmom  I disagree.  I don't think Diana and Charles ever had enough in common for it to have been a close relationship, not to mention the age difference.

Honored Contributor

I am sure Kate could have any ring she wanted. She might have felt  it was special to have something that belonged to Diana

It might have been the same sort of ring she would have picked for herself..I am sure she and Meghan both, have many treasures of hers( DI)

Harry wanted the ring ,but gave it to William ,when he found out William was going to ask Kate to marry him

I think Harry is a nice guy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@puttypiesmom wrote:

@puttypiesmom  I disagree.  I don't think Diana and Charles ever had enough in common for it to have been a close relationship, not to mention the age difference.

There was a lot of truth to the statement that Princess Diana said in that 1995 interview "there were three of us in the marriage, it was a bit crowded."   Di never had a chance and being only 19 must have been so hard on her young girl's heart.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I've started to feel sort of sorry for Charles in some ways.  He was an awkward child, so much was expected from him, his parents were distant to put it mildly, and he seems to have tried to do what was right for his role many times, putting aside what he really wanted. Boarding school must have been very difficult.

Diana was raised with the Royal family and should have understood what her real role was.  If she didn't that was tragic for her, both of them really, but like some said, she obvioiusly had issues.

So here is Charles married to someone because she was picked out for him, she's manipulating the world to love her and hate him, what a mess. I don't know of any other affairs he was supposed to have had except Camilla after he married Diana. . . Doesn't seem like he was out chasing others a lot. 

Charles is no saint, but also he has had a difficult time of it in some ways.  Put in so many situations not of his choice really.  

@Sooner

Diana was in no way raised with the royal family, yes, she came from a very old, well known family, but was very much sheltered.  Her mother died early, and she too was sent to boarding school.  She was a young, shy, 17 year old, just out of what we would consider high school, a girl working in a kindergarten (her first job), when Chas. picked her.  She surely hadn’t been prepared for what was to be her role.  He was very much an older, man of the world, in his 30s, he choose her.  No one made him, he had walked away from others before.

Yes, she had issues, but I just can’t have any sympathy with his behavior in this area.

Sorry, but it has always bothered me, what could he have expected of such an inexperienced person in the face of his on going relationship with C?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I've started to feel sort of sorry for Charles in some ways.  He was an awkward child, so much was expected from him, his parents were distant to put it mildly, and he seems to have tried to do what was right for his role many times, putting aside what he really wanted. Boarding school must have been very difficult.

Diana was raised with the Royal family and should have understood what her real role was.  If she didn't that was tragic for her, both of them really, but like some said, she obvioiusly had issues.

So here is Charles married to someone because she was picked out for him, she's manipulating the world to love her and hate him, what a mess. I don't know of any other affairs he was supposed to have had except Camilla after he married Diana. . . Doesn't seem like he was out chasing others a lot. 

Charles is no saint, but also he has had a difficult time of it in some ways.  Put in so many situations not of his choice really.  

@Sooner

Diana was in no way raised with the royal family, yes, she came from a very old, well known family, but was very much sheltered.  Her mother died early, and she too was sent to boarding school.  She was a young, shy, 17 year old, just out of what we would consider high school, a girl working in a kindergarten (her first job), when Chas. picked her.  She surely hadn’t been prepared for what was to be her role.  He was very much an older, man of the world, in his 30s, he choose her.  No one made him, he had walked away from others before.

Yes, she had issues, but I just can’t have any sympathy with his behavior in this area.

Sorry, but it has always bothered me, what could he have expected of such an inexperienced person in the face of his on going relationship with C?

@Drythe her Mom did not pass away she left her children for her lover and married him.  Some say that Diana's family was more Royal than Charles from her Descendants, Spencers, Churchills ect..........  It is so fascinating I love reading way back to the first Earl Spencer.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I believe that one affair was enough.He now is married to her and was able to get it worked out.He seems like the manipulator.

Honored Contributor

I hope Di has found peace...