Esteemed Contributor

Re: Meghan's Nickname By Royal Staff - Di 2

@chrystaltree wrote:

Other than being a woman and loving Harry; Meghan is not similar to Diana in any way imaginable. Those two women are as different as any two women could possibly be.   As for the jewelry; Kate was photographed this week at events where she wore pieces that Diana wore.  She does that often and that's not counting her engagement ring. It's the Daily Mail, take it for it's worth.  

I wonder if Kate is jealous because Meghan is getting all the attention now.  We will have to wait and see if it continues or dies down.  No doubt that Harry and Meghan will be more fun to watch than William and Kate.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I've started to feel sort of sorry for Charles in some ways.  He was an awkward child, so much was expected from him, his parents were distant to put it mildly, and he seems to have tried to do what was right for his role many times, putting aside what he really wanted. Boarding school must have been very difficult.

Diana was raised with the Royal family and should have understood what her real role was.  If she didn't that was tragic for her, both of them really, but like some said, she obvioiusly had issues.

So here is Charles married to someone because she was picked out for him, she's manipulating the world to love her and hate him, what a mess. I don't know of any other affairs he was supposed to have had except Camilla after he married Diana. . . Doesn't seem like he was out chasing others a lot. 

Charles is no saint, but also he has had a difficult time of it in some ways.  Put in so many situations not of his choice really.  

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Other than being a woman and loving Harry; Meghan is not similar to Diana in any way imaginable. Those two women are as different as any two women could possibly be.   As for the jewelry; Kate was photographed this week at events where she wore pieces that Diana wore.  She does that often and that's not counting her engagement ring. It's the Daily Mail, take it for it's worth.  

@chrystaltree

I'm sure that the Royal staff has a much better insight to her personality, being around her day to day, than us 'outsiders' do and it's not just about wearing Di's jewels.

Exactly - the Royal staff would know very well her personality, her mannerisms, habits, everything that the rest of us cannot possibly know looking at her fashion pictures in magazines.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

While Meghan is not similar to Diana in most physical ways, I think she has several mannerisms that remind me of Diana’s.

Honored Contributor

I think Meghan will very much be the “people’s princess” like Diana was. 

Trusted Contributor

I think it's sweet and it is of course meant as a compliment which I'm sure makes Harry very happy as well.  

Honored Contributor

I wonder how many of those who gave Meghan that nickname were actually around as staff members 20 - plus yrs. ago when Diana was around the palace?  Makes you wonder whether they really know first-hand of what they speak.  (She died 21 years ago and hadn't lived with the royals for a while before that).

Honored Contributor

Diana was tactile ,and Meghan seems to me ,to be that way also

Honored Contributor

Gosip!!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

Diana would have flourished had there not been a Camilla and Queen Elizabeth has been quoted for her complete disgust with Camilla for not leaving Charles alone during that time.  Had she just exited from the picture their relationship would have had a chance.  Yes, things are different now and Harry and William are close to Camilla's children but the truth has not escaped them either of what could have been, had Camilla had the grace to walk away.