Honored Contributor

Meghan's Nickname By Royal Staff - Di 2

**Kindly pass on this thread if you're not interested. Thank you!Heart**

Meghan has been given the nickname 'Di 2' by members of the royal household because of the similarities between her and Diana, sources say. 

An insider revealed that the nickname is used 'affectionately' for the Duchess of Sussex as 'they are rather alike'.

It comes after Meghan, 37, has paid tribute to Prince Harry's late mother by wearing pieces from her jewellery collection during her first major royal tour.

The Duchess wore Diana's aquamarine ring - which she also wore at her wedding reception - at an evening reception in Tonga on Thursday.

Speaking to Vanity Fair, a source revealed: 'I've heard the duchess is referred to as Di 2, because of the similarities to Harry's mother. It's meant affectionately, and I think it's quite true - they are rather alike.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-6319667/Meghan-Markle-given-nickname-Di-2-members-royal-h...

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Meghan's Nickname By Royal Staff - Di 2

Other than being a woman and loving Harry; Meghan is not similar to Diana in any way imaginable. Those two women are as different as any two women could possibly be.   As for the jewelry; Kate was photographed this week at events where she wore pieces that Diana wore.  She does that often and that's not counting her engagement ring. It's the Daily Mail, take it for it's worth.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

That's sweet if they meant it in a good way.  Unfortunately, I think Diana had her unstable moments.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Other than being a woman and loving Harry; Meghan is not similar to Diana in any way imaginable. Those two women are as different as any two women could possibly be.   As for the jewelry; Kate was photographed this week at events where she wore pieces that Diana wore.  She does that often and that's not counting her engagement ring. It's the Daily Mail, take it for it's worth.  

@chrystaltree

I'm sure that the Royal staff has a much better insight to her personality, being around her day to day, than us 'outsiders' do and it's not just about wearing Di's jewels.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't want to be called a name that belonged to someone else -- no matter how wonderful they think that person was.

I'd rather have a nickname that was given to me because of me.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMompay no attention. I was told by this poster that Mary Berry was never on anyone's best dressed list. I posted several articles proving her wrong

People have nicknames for all sorts of reasons. She could have something about her that reminds the staff of Di, other than  her looks. It could be a mannerism, or a type of behavior.

Honored Contributor

Just the way she looks at Harry with all that love in her eyes is enough to refer to her as Di 2.  Same for Kate and Will.  Those two men are truly blessed to have incredible women in their lives from the first breath they took on..........

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Just the way she looks at Harry with all that love in her eyes is enough to refer to her as Di 2.  Same for Kate and Will.  Those two men are truly blessed to have incredible women in their lives from the first breath they took on..........

I think because they married for love.  Certainly their parents' unfortunate arranged marriage and the heart ache that followed for both Charles and Diana paved the way for them.   

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom

It was said Diana had many issues besides Charles's cheating.  Don't know if that is appropriate.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I think because they married for love.  Certainly their parents' unfortunate arranged marriage and the heart ache that followed for both Charles and Diana paved the way for them.   

Charles was all about what the Crown wanted and not for himself.  His favorite Uncle, Lord Mountbatten pushed him toward his Granddaughter Amanda.  Charles did in fact ask her to marry him in 1977.  She turned him down since she did not love him.  In her 60's now and still happily married to her first husband.  Thank goodness she followed her heart.  I wish the rest could have felt the same.  Four children of the Queen and only one left still married to the first spouse.

Image result for amanda knatchbull

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."