Respected Contributor

Meghan pulls out of Invictus Games event so she can rest

Duchess of Sussex is slashing her busy Australian tour schedule with Prince Harry to cope with pregnancy

The duchess of Sussex has pulled out of her first engagement of the day in Sydney to rest, leaving Prince Harry to present medals to winning cyclists alone.

After a storm delayed the opening ceremony on Saturday night, Meghan decided not to attend the race with her husband and instead rest back at Admiralty House where the couple have been staying. She will, however, join him at an official lunch reception thrown by Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison at The Pavilion Restaurant in The Domain park nearby.

It is understood that Meghan will fly to Fraser Island with her husband on Monday as planned, but will not undertake many engagements due to the uneven terrain.

When the trip was planned, staff did not know that the Duchess was pregnant so had to revaluate the program to take account of her condition.

'The Duke will attend the cycling as scheduled this morning, and the Duchess will join him for this afternoon's engagements,' Kensington Palace told MailOnline on Sunday morning.

One source told Mail Online it wasn't that the duchess was feeling ill, but that they were trying to 'pace' her given how many engagements they have coming up. 

The couple's busy schedule includes 76 events over the 16-day tour of Australia, New Zealand and Pacific Islands.

Harry and Meghan have four events planned for Monday on Fraser Island and it is understood the Duchess will skip most of them, leaving her husband to carry on alone.

Honored Contributor

Re: Meghan pulls out of Invictus Games event so she can rest

Well, that's not exactly a surprise.   The pace of  a working trip like that is exhausting and this is her first pregnancy, if would have been surprising if she didn't adjust her schedule and take some down time.  That schedule was set long before she was pregnant.  

Honored Contributor

She’s smart to slow down. Wishing her the best.

Honored Contributor

Poor Harry.  I'm sure he was tired of doing these sort of things solo and welcomed having Meghan along for the ride.  But he, presumably, had some say in her condition so we can't be too sorry  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Pregnant woman work full time jobs sometimes more than an eight hour day. Seems Meghan decided to play Princess and the Pea. After all, it's not fair that Kate got all that concern and  press over her morning sickness.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Pregnant woman work full time jobs sometimes more than an eight hour day. Seems Meghan decided to play Princess and the Pea. After all, it's not fair that Kate got all that concern and  press over her morning sickness.

Each and every pregnancy is DIFFERENT! No two are the same, besides Meghan is traveling on the other side of the world. You've been pregnant @occasionalrain, it's not all smooth and easy for everyone! 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

@occasionalrain Hey, come on, after all, she'll make it to the glitzy luncheon...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Some of us felt fabulous during pregnancy. Others have a rough time. This is Meghan's first pregnancy and she's abroad in strange living quarters. I'd want some private time; simply to gather my thoughts. Everyone needs space.

She is suddenly living a grueling pace . . . and doing an amazing job of it. Give her some slack and a lot of credit. Meghan has fit into her Royal life beautifully and she makes Harry very happy. That's all the matters in the grand scheme of things.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

@occasionalrain Hey, come on, after all, she'll make it to the glitzy luncheon...

Smiley Wink

Seriously? smh

(And the luncheon didn’t look particularly “glitzy.”)

Respected Contributor

Mercy, women are hard on other women!  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~