Honored Contributor

Re: Meghan and Prince Charles

@MarcyG72 wrote:

@FuzzyFace wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@Danky wrote:

Nasty and made bitter and jealous by the confines of meaningless, failed lives .......how very, very pathetic.

?  So if we aren't fans that equates to 'meaningless, failed lives' in your book?  Okey doke.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're wrong.

It's one thing to be "not a fan"; hoping that their marriage fails and that they live miserable lives is quite another.

No one is HOPING for a failed marriage for anyone.  Just evaluating the last marriage of 'not quite 2 years since hubby #1 was thrown aside.  Not being mean spirited...just the facts ma'am.

@MarcyG72

So are you saying you know enough of  the facts about Meghan's first marriage to "evaluate" it?   Where did you ever get the idea that hubby was "thrown aside"?

They were together for five years before they got married, and it ended by mutual consent.  Since 50% of marriages fail, I don't think a first marriage ending really means anything.   

Now in their 30s, Harry and Meghan have both the maturity and life experience to make their marriage work.   The worst thing that will happen is that they get a divorce.  

Honored Contributor

Why are so many invested in seeing this marriage fail? I just don't understand ,what have they done that is wrong? None of our business.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

@MarcyG72 wrote:

@FuzzyFace wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

@Danky wrote:

Nasty and made bitter and jealous by the confines of meaningless, failed lives .......how very, very pathetic.

?  So if we aren't fans that equates to 'meaningless, failed lives' in your book?  Okey doke.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're wrong.

It's one thing to be "not a fan"; hoping that their marriage fails and that they live miserable lives is quite another.

No one is HOPING for a failed marriage for anyone.  Just evaluating the last marriage of 'not quite 2 years since hubby #1 was thrown aside.  Not being mean spirited...just the facts ma'am.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And you know these "facts"...how? Were you privy to the relationship? Did Meghan and/or her ex-husband confide in you?

As far as having a failed marriage is concerned, the rest of the royals (Prince Charles comes to mind), don't exactly have spotless records themselves, so having a failed marriage is concerned, that isn't necessarily a portent for a next marriage. Sometimes people learn from their mistakes.

And you think you don't sound mean-spirited????

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Why are so many invested in seeing this marriage fail? I just don't understand ,what have they done that is wrong? None of our business.

--------------------

I wondered the same thing!!  Saw several comments online and thought - why would anyone want this marriage to fail or even discuss a possible failure????

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

--------------------

I wondered the same thing!!  Saw several comments online and thought - why would anyone want this marriage to fail or even discuss a possible failure????

I don't think it is nice at all, why her? I want them to be happy ,have kids ,harry deserves it.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@FuzzyFace wrote:

You're wrong.

Not seeing any of that going on, seems like projection imo.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

If it's none of our 'business' why are we talking about it at all?  Again, I see no personal investment, just a trite conversation about a topic the media insists on reporting day in and day out.

Trusted Contributor

It doesn't surprise me that out of all Harry's gf's Charles states Meghan is the smartest.  I think it's great and I do think we see geniuine warmth coming from him.  Did anyone see the coat of arms that was given to Meghan?  It is beautiful and very complimentary toward her.  They clearly love her. 

Image result for meghan markle coat of arms

Honored Contributor

@puttypiesmom Prince Charles would never, not ever, say anything insulting about Harry's former girlfriends nor would he make rude unflattering comparisons.

Meghan was included in designing her coat of arms. Love had nothing to do with it.