Honored Contributor

Re: Meghan and Prince Charles

We need to remember that Prince Charles came from a different era-he loved one woman but was made to marry another. 

I don't defend him but it's a world we don't live in and therefore cannot understand completely.

I wonder how many posters here would like to see us all posting how they are gold diggers, didn't marry for love, are surprised their marriages lasted, etc. etc. etc.

Why in the world are some trying to predict a future that will never affect them in any manner? 

Be careful what you wish for on other people; sometimes a big 'ol chunk will be taken from your doo-pah down the road.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Occasional Contributor

I believe & have no doubt Meghan knows EVERYTHING about the Royal Family past & present.

Frequent Contributor

We are all gold diggers to varying extents. Even if Megan is a gold digger par excellance does not mean she doesn't love Harry.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Gold digger?   What baloney!   When Meghan met Harry, she was earning $50k an episode on Suits and had a net worth of somewhere around $6 million.  I'd say not bad for a woman in her mid 30's.  

Super Contributor

@Steeler 20 wrote:

She is a Gold Digger .... Time will tell.

And you know this because?  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hope what the OP quoted is true. It would mean she was heaven sent. Maybe there is a method to all this madness. 

I agree about her NOT being a gold digger. She was doing quite all right before she even heard of Harry. 

I wonder,tho, if after all is said and done, and the novelty has worn off their love will last. I wish them well. The Odd Couple.

Respected Contributor

@Big Joanie wrote:

I absolutely cannot believe how nasty you people are ....

Nasty and made bitter and jealous by the confines of meaningless, failed lives .......how very, very pathetic.

Super Contributor

@Danky wrote:

@Big Joanie wrote:

I absolutely cannot believe how nasty you people are ....

Nasty and made bitter and jealous by the confines of meaningless, failed lives .......how very, very pathetic.

Failed lives?  I think you need to rephrase that statement.  What many are remembering is the torment that Diana faced by Charles' betrayal.   Sarah's (Furgie) life basically ruined too.  This 'monarchy' is simply a farce since Parliament rules the UK.   So many lives ruined because of the confines of rules and duties.  No one wanted to marry Harry because of this ... yet Markle took it on.  Sweetie, no one is jealous, we are simply looking thru the glass window that the paparazzi provided us.

Honored Contributor

Meghan was not a highly paid movie stsr but was very charitable and doing good way before Harry. I did not watch Suits so I wasn't aware of her or Harry's previous GFs. 

I believe they love one another and time will tell what happens in the future. Many marriage don't survive (don't know about UK) but I wish them the best and at least they married for love as opposed to what Prince Charles decided to do. 

When Kate came into the family - the same was said. She was welcomed into the family - good influence on the royal family. What else can the tabloids say? We will never know what is really happening behind close doors. 

I wanna know what is in Queen Elizabeth's handbag - Elle should post a pic and comment whether the lipstick is the right shade for her coloring. Hand moisturizer works or use somthing else. They can't do that so hence....

Honored Contributor

Is anyone else thinking this article was actually intended to make Charles look better, under the guise of it being about Meghan?