Respected Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

Frankly, I think I would want my OWN, NEW ring, not some hand me down that I would never feel was really mine.  I hope they have a long and happy life together.  

And just as a side note between us, I always thought Harry looked more like the guy Diana was fooling around with, the Polo instructor, than Charles.

Harry looks like the Spencer family!

Go look up Queen Mary and Prince Harry photos side by side.  He looks just like her when she was young.  Besides she didn't know Hewitt when she was pregnant with Harry.  I thought it was weird that William gave Kate Diana's ring.  There is too much sadness and scandal associated with it.  I wonder how Kate really feels about that ring?

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

Frankly, I think I would want my OWN, NEW ring, not some hand me down that I would never feel was really mine.  I hope they have a long and happy life together.  

And just as a side note between us, I always thought Harry looked more like the guy Diana was fooling around with, the Polo instructor, than Charles.

Okay, okay, I give.  But that other guy did have red hair.  And there was speculation at the time, of who the real father was.

I remember that but I do believe the red headed boyfriend came after Harry's birth one or two years later. Woman Happy

There was something to the time line about debunking the story as well @JaneMarple.  All of this generation is handsome.  I just saw a photo for Diana's nephew Louis Spencer and he is all grown up and better looking than his Dad.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Yeah, right.  Because Unamed Sources should always be believed...lol

Respected Contributor

FYI, the crown jewels, although owned by the current King or Queen, do not belong to the monarch personally. 

By the way, Margaret was in line for the throne, although a bit down the line. As is Harry, who is currently 5th in line.

Esteemed Contributor

@Puppy Lips

Harry is James Hewitt's son --- Diana was smart enough to not have a 2nd child by unfaithful Charles.

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

Go look up Queen Mary and Prince Harry photos side by side.  He looks just like her when she was young.  Besides she didn't know Hewitt when she was pregnant with Harry.  I thought it was weird that William gave Kate Diana's ring.  There is too much sadness and scandal associated with it.  I wonder how Kate really feels about that ring?

Thought the same concerning the ring.
Honored Contributor

@beach-mom

FWIW

I don't "get" the Royal's obsession with jewels. I don't think they are pretty. (!) This includes Diana's ring. Personal opinion.

I'm sure they are prized for being worthy stones and for that reason, they are powerful. 

I would choose something else for my personal rings, as I'm sure these ladies have.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@GSPgirl wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I think that Kate would be well aware how very, very precious that ring is to William and Harry both. William giving that ring to Kate is also sharing his mother's love with Kate.

If I were Kate I'd be very flattered and honored that William wanted me to wear that ring. JMO.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@GSPgirl wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I think that Kate would be well aware how very, very precious that ring is to William and Harry both. William giving that ring to Kate is also sharing his mother's love with Kate.

If I were Kate I'd be very flattered and honored that William wanted me to wear that ring. JMO. 

JMO as well. 💁

Honored Contributor

Harry looks so much like Diana's brother, it's amazing! He's a very good looking young man Smiley Happy  I wish him all the best.