Honored Contributor

Re: Meghan and Harry

[ Edited ]

@JaneMarple wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

Will Harry 'abdicate' the queue to the throne for Meghan, an American divorcee, a la shades of Edward and Wallis?  Stay tuned, folks!

Why would he have to? @feline groovy? Three of the Queen's children have divorced with two them remarried and the other living with is ex-wife. Times have changed for the better.

ITA, @JaneMarple - just thought I'd joke about all the ridiculous drama. 

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@VaBelle35 What Hallmark movie is she in? I always mean to watch her in some episodes of Suits but I never get around to it.

@Greeneyedlady21  It's called Dater's Handbook.  It was on Last Year, I think during Winterfest or Valentine's Day so it should be on again.

I think you can also watch them on Amazon Prime.

I kept hearing she was on Suits, but I don't watch that show, so I never clued in.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

If anyone is interested, the Vanity Fair article - which is in the upcoming October edition - is available to read online complete with photos.  I just read it.   All the best stuff from it has already been revealed in the news today, but it's stil an interesting article.  Markle sounds very likeable. 

Honored Contributor

I read the article and I liked her very much. She loved working with that photographer because he does very little airbrushing, she said they always airbrush her freckles out. 

She is in for so much mean spirited scrutiny if they get engaged, she seems self assured enough to weather it. But it hurts nonetheless. I can see just from this article what he loves about her.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

There are two separate articles in the Daily Mail today (both USA and UK versions) about the palace making preparations for Meghan marrying Harry.  Meghan has met her alleged future inlaws Camilla and Charles already but probably won't meet the Queen until the official announcement is made.   The paper is saying that they are pretty much engaged and a wedding is a foregone conclusion, with Kensington already prepping for it and the couple to live there.   Also, it implies that H&M got engaged on that African trip but didn't want to overshadow the commemoratation of the 20th anniv. of Diana's death by it.

Meghan will be appearing with Harry at the Invictus Games in Toronto at the end of the month and the paper is kind of calling it her first "official" appearance with Harry [as his fiancee].   Both articles were pretty interesting and did make it sound as if they are engaged.

Oh, it also said that although Meghan cleared the Vanity Fair article with Kensington Palace/Harry, Buckingham Palace wasn't very happy about it.

Honored Contributor

When all is said and done, I think they make a cute couple .... and they seem very happy.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom,   I don't see why they would hide their engagement.  Prince William was open about his.  When the time is right they will get engaged.  Harry seems very fond of Meghan and her of him.  Wish them the best.  Hopefully, their lives will be a little more low key once they are engaged since Harry is not in line for the throne.  Prince WIlliam fell in love with the right woman as Kate has taken on her role of Princess quickly.  Kate really lost a lot of weight and I think she looked very good the way she use to be.  Sometimes it is sad that women in the limelight have this need to be ovely thin.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@beach-mom,   I don't see why they would hide their engagement.  Prince William was open about his.  When the time is right they will get engaged.  Harry seems very fond of Meghan and her of him.  Wish them the best.  Hopefully, their lives will be a little more low key once they are engaged since Harry is not in line for the throne.  Prince WIlliam fell in love with the right woman as Kate has taken on her role of Princess quickly.  Kate really lost a lot of weight and I think she looked very good the way she use to be.  Sometimes it is sad that women in the limelight have this need to be ovely thin.

@Katcat1

"Overly thin", like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.  Personally, I don't think it can be helped.

If you had hundreds of photos taken of you every single time you went out in public, and those photos ended up in newspapers, magazines and the internet, it wouldn't be long before you would want to be at your "best weight".   That is ..... if you care how you look every time your picture is taken.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44,  She always looked good before they were married and now she is EXTREMELY thin. IMO

kindness is strength