Respected Contributor

Re: Meghan and Harry expecting first child in the Spring

How do you know that Eugenie didn't spill the news at her own reception.  She and Harry are very close, and they all live next to each other at Kensington Palace.  If Meghan has morning sickness it's not much of a secret anyway.  Might have been her explanation if she didn't drink alcohol at the party.  Tongues were probably wagging at the wedding and someone would have spilled the beans.  I think they were forced to make the announcement.

Honored Contributor

@January121 wrote:

I am really not surprised by this news.

Not surprised either and already tired of hearing about it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Scooby Doo wrote:

How do you know that Eugenie didn't spill the news at her own reception.  She and Harry are very close, and they all live next to each other at Kensington Palace.  If Meghan has morning sickness it's not much of a secret anyway.  Might have been her explanation if she didn't drink alcohol at the party.  Tongues were probably wagging at the wedding and someone would have spilled the beans.  I think they were forced to make the announcement.

Sorry I wasn't there to confirm your speculation, however it is reported that they made the announcement.  Speculation about the pregnancy has been going on for some time, what is another week or two going to hurt.  Still think it is tacky to take the attention away from the couple and their time.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

It is being reported now that they told everyone at the wedding.  Sorry but I find that just tacky, royal or not.  They will be out of the country for a couple weeks, they could have very easily waited on the announcement.  Allowing the bride and groom their special time.

I would think it was a good opportunity to tell the royals while most of them were at the same event. We have no idea, do we, if they asked the bride and groom for permission. And from what I have been reading about Eugenie, she seems the kind of person who would not take offense by this and might have even been the person who encouraged them to announce it when the majority of the relatives are together.

Since Harry and Meghan were leaving on a big trip and the news was being put out there to the public thru Kensington Palace, they probably wanted to ensure all the royals knew about it from them before it hit the newspapers. 

I don't see how it stole anything from the bride and groom nor do I think it was tacky. It was a day of wonderful events and news all around. And a great opportunity to share it with the royals yet another event to come!

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Many of the Instagram comments are criticizing the timing of this announcement, stating it's too soon after Eugenie's wedding, and that it's the wedding that should be talked about for a while.  However, IMO, there was so much speculation after seeing Meghan at the wedding they had no choice but to address the issue.

Personally, since the wedding weekend was over and done the timing of the announcement was fine.

I saw some of that, some  people just like to find fault with others.    The timing was perfect because she seems to have a bit of a bump and they were going on the Australian trip.  They kept it private until after his cousin had her wedding, they did not want to take the attention away from her.  There was no reason wait any longer.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

Many of the Instagram comments are criticizing the timing of this announcement, stating it's too soon after Eugenie's wedding, and that it's the wedding that should be talked about for a while.  However, IMO, there was so much speculation after seeing Meghan at the wedding they had no choice but to address the issue.

Personally, since the wedding weekend was over and done the timing of the announcement was fine.

It is being reported now that they told everyone at the wedding.  Sorry but I find that just tacky, royal or not.  They will be out of the country for a couple weeks, they could have very easily waited on the announcement.  Allowing the bride and groom their special time.

I have been able to guess every pregnancy of my family/friends based on the mother-to-be not indulging in a glass of champagne, or wine or a cocktail at a social gathering. 

I would hope Jack and Eugenie have big enough hearts so they would not feel upstaged by Harry and Meghan's happy news. 

Honored Contributor

I am happy for all of them. Harry has had a sad life. I don't begrudge him the joy of telling the family gathered together to celeberate another happy event

Eugenie looked lovely and glowing. Nothing could steal her thunder..May they both be blessed with happiness and children..It is a family and that is what families do. They support and are happy for one another

Respected Contributor

I read they told the Senior royals, which would have been the Queen and her children and possibly her grandchildren. 

I seriously doubt they took the microphone and made the announcement at the reception. At any rate, I'm sure they got permission from Eugenie and Jack to tell the senior royals. And I agree- they probably did so because everyone was together and they were leaving the next day for their 16 day tour.

Honored Contributor

As far as the announcement of the blessing I am sure the Queen was informed prior and in private.  I would imagine the Queen gave them her approval of going ahead with the announcement.  Would not have been during the wedding festivities if the Queen herself was not been in agreement or even her ideal. 

Nothing tacky with telling great family news when most of the entire family was there together.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyDaisy

They told senior royals.  No announcement was made at the wedding or any other time that day.

The news was announced by Kensington today, I believe, but the proclamation certainly was not announced at the wedding.

I'm not saying if this is all tacky or not; but things tend to get blown out of proportion.

Considering the clothing Meghan wore, rumors were swirling around anyway.

Who is to say if Meghan was actually asked by the Queen or Princess Anne or anyone else?  She certainly wouldn't lie.

And just because Fergie didn't tweet about it doesn't mean she was angry about the pregnancy.  She may not have even been in the know.

Happy baby, happy family, happy life.  The rest is just hand slapping.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh