QVC Customer Care

Re: Meghan and Harry expecting first child in the Spring

This post has been removed by QVC reposting previously deleted comment.

Honored Contributor

I am so excited for them, and I am sure they will have  gorgeous children.......

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I am so excited for them, and I am sure they will have  gorgeous children.......

Are we going to hear about this till it;s born? Why all the interest? I just don't know why anyone would get so excited. I have so many things to be happy for, so just can't spare the time on people I know nothing about. This is like getting into the lives of people on tv and the movies. Good luck to them, but my neighbors pregnant, I do know her. 

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN it is wonderful news and since we are both Grandmothers we know how much fun it can be when you can love them then send them home!!Heart Happy to see you are as excited as me for the couple.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Yep, its's nice to read the threads we want to and not have to read the

ones we're not interested in.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom I understood your point and the queen can, of course, do whatever she wishes, I was simply making the point that William's children are heirs to the throne while Harry's are not and that given that fact, there is no real reason for her to designate them HRH... Her own daughter's children carry no royal titles nor were they given peerages. In due course, when William becomes Prince of Wales (and then King), I believe his own children would become HRH anyway... Likewise, once there is a transition from Elizabeth to Charles (or William...) it's also entirely possible that the title's of Harry's children would shift whether Elizabeth decides to confer any special title on them now or not. It's not my call, but were it, I'd let the next generation take care of itself. Taking sentiment out of it... I think it's appropriate that the children of the heirs apparent (Charles and William) be accorded the titles, but don't think I'd personally extend it to Harry's children. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Are we going to hear about this till it;s born? Why all the interest? I just don't know why anyone would get so excited. I have so many things to be happy for, so just can't spare the time on people I know nothing about. This is like getting into the lives of people on tv and the movies. Good luck to them, but my neighbors pregnant, I do know her. 

To answer your question YES, we are going to hear about every public nuance of Meghan's pregnancy and even more in the way of speculation until the baby's birth at which time the conversation will expand to include every public nuance and speculation about the baby for a considerable amount of time.

In light of what most assuredly is going to follow and your lack of interest perhaps now would be a good time to practice avoiding all threads about the royals instead of posting "who cares" posts on threads where there is clearly a lot of interest and caring.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@KingstonsMom I understood your point and the queen can, of course, do whatever she wishes, I was simply making the point that William's children are heirs to the throne while Harry's are not and that given that fact, there is no real reason for her to designate them HRH... Her own daughter's children carry no royal titles nor were they given peerages. In due course, when William becomes Prince of Wales (and then King), I believe his own children would become HRH anyway... Likewise, once there is a transition from Elizabeth to Charles (or William...) it's also entirely possible that the title's of Harry's children would shift whether Elizabeth decides to confer any special title on them now or not. It's not my call, but were it, I'd let the next generation take care of itself. Taking sentiment out of it... I think it's appropriate that the children of the heirs apparent (Charles and William) be accorded the titles, but don't think I'd personally extend it to Harry's children. 

If I remember correctly Princess Anne and her husband did not want their children to have titles and requested the Queen not to give them titles. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy@I imagine that the wedding excitement was not spoiled by the news of a new baby.The wedding was beautiful and the guests were there to honor the bride and groom.

Honored Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@HLP. I would suggest that you avoid all of the Meghan Pregnant threads then if it is going to bother you to this pointt!! But yes, I am excited for them! I can spread my joy to a lot of different things and people!!!!!