Trusted Contributor

Re: Meghan and Harry expecting first child in the Spring

For some reason this does surprise me.  But happy they are starting their family.

Honored Contributor

Many of the Instagram comments are criticizing the timing of this announcement, stating it's too soon after Eugenie's wedding, and that it's the wedding that should be talked about for a while.  However, IMO, there was so much speculation after seeing Meghan at the wedding they had no choice but to address the issue.

Personally, since the wedding weekend was over and done the timing of the announcement was fine.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Many of the Instagram comments are criticizing the timing of this announcement, stating it's too soon after Eugenie's wedding, and that it's the wedding that should be talked about for a while.  However, IMO, there was so much speculation after seeing Meghan at the wedding they had no choice but to address the issue.

Personally, since the wedding weekend was over and done the timing of the announcement was fine.

@faeriemoon  Eugenie doesn't carry out royal engagements.  I think she has an art career.  This could be why her wedding doesn't garner as much attention as Kate and Meghan's weddings did, since they married into the direct line to the throne.

I agree the timing was fine, too. 

Much happiness to the newlyweds.  Smiley Happy

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Just the perfect top off to the Royal Wedding last week, absolutely wonderful.  I bet they have a few more in a very short time span.  Harry and Meghan must have been ready to shout it to the world!! Congrats to the whole family and so many more cousins to play with and just show the world how fun life can be even at grown up functions.   Love that George and all his cousins.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Well, Princess Eugenie better get hopping so she can be next!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

Everyone knows I'm a Royal watcher, etc. I knew they wouldn't wait to long.

Harry loves kids. I feel sorry for all the extra pressure she will be under now.

Pray her side of the family don't cause her any unwanted stress.

I know Harry will protect her from everything she will have to go thru in the way of cameras and people in her face, snarks and haters.

When her mother came over that was my tip off. Everything she does or doesn't do now till April will be under a microscope.

I wish them the best and congrats !

I agree with everything you're saying. I will add, though, that Meghan obviously loves her mother very much and wants to give her a "better" life, so to speak. Prestige, immunity, travel, and the many benefits of extreme wealth.

Edited to correct typo.

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

It is being reported now that they told everyone at the wedding.  Sorry but I find that just tacky, royal or not.  They will be out of the country for a couple weeks, they could have very easily waited on the announcement.  Allowing the bride and groom their special time.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisyFirst baby...too exciting to keep secret.Good news is always welcome to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@dex wrote:

@CrazyDaisyFirst baby...too exciting to keep secret.Good news is always welcome to me.

Weddings are exciting too, why steal someone elses special day.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

Awwww, very happy for them!  They seem like a nice couple.