Honored Contributor

Re: Meghan & Harry.....the day after.

[ Edited ]

Whenever posts on the subject aren't absolutely glowing, It is also so very apparent that misery, along with jealousy, seem to be the mantras of choice, accurate or not... 

Smiley Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I think for many, it's like watching a very romantic love story at the movie's or home on TV.  Or maybe even a series to see what happens next. 

I don't follow the royals a lot but I think this takes many of us back to a time in our lives  when we were starting out and so young and tender.  How well, I remember thoses days.  It doesn't matter who you are.  The Royals are people, too.  People are people and they are interesting and fun to watch. 

I saw this picture of them in this car and remember DH and I leaving for our honeymoon in his  brand new 1969 GTO. The first thing we had to do was stop at a car wash because the dye from the the crepe paper that was used to decorate the car was bleeding all over our white GTO (it was raining)!!!!  DH was very worried about it.  To this day he takes meticulous care of our vehicles!!

Respected Contributor

No, I thought he would. 

Respected Contributor

Awwww...it's just a little harmless fun. Something good and sweet in the midst of all kinds of lousy news.

This couple should be madly in love, they've been together for less than 2 years. As @jubilant said, it takes you back to a more tender time in our lives, when we can see ourselves in Meghan and Harry.

I have no romantic notions about what happens behind closed doors- married life and raising kids is not a picnic. My mom has always said when the "in love" ends (and it will), the REAL love begins.

Super Contributor

It's not that I think people are necessarily jealous or envious of this couple. However, I do honestly wonder why anyone would get on a thread that is clearly set up as a tribute of kindness and joy for this young couple.....and, make such rude comments. And, then defend themselves with how bored they are with all the hoopla.  Yet, they come here anyway. Happiness is a state of mind, I choose to put myself in situations that bring me joy.  I certainly wouldn't go to a thread that I clearly see would annoy me. But, that's me! I came here to see photos and read what kind comments people had to make. I should of known better, as the vitriol towards this couple has been mind boggling and hurtful. I guess I just want to believe the best about people, but I keep getting a wake up call. Think I've finally learned my lesson.  I wish ALL of you a blessed day! 

Esteemed Contributor

@SoftRain wrote:

It's not that I think people are necessarily jealous or envious of this couple. However, I do honestly wonder why anyone would get on a thread that is clearly set up as a tribute of kindness and joy for this young couple.....and, make such rude comments. And, then defend themselves with how bored they are with all the hoopla.  Yet, they come here anyway. Happiness is a state of mind, I choose to put myself in situations that bring me joy.  I certainly wouldn't go to a thread that I clearly see would annoy me. But, that's me! I came here to see photos and read what kind comments people had to make. I should of known better, as the vitriol towards this couple has been mind boggling and hurtful. I guess I just want to believe the best about people, but I keep getting a wake up call. Think I've finally learned my lesson.  I wish ALL of you a blessed day! 

@SoftRain

How very beautifully stated.❤

Super Contributor

@magicmoodz  Thanks for your kind words! Heart

Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

Some of us are interested in world events; we have opinions and are interested in the opinions of others, those who agree and those who disagree. We aren't children living in a Hallmark card.

Honored Contributor

Some of us are interested in world events also but don't feel the need to go on a thread to purposely diguise an "opinion" for trashing the subject matter either! 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson