Honored Contributor

Re: Meghan Wears Diana's Aquamarine Ring to Evening Reception

@skuggles wrote:

Does she get to keep it? 😁😍

@skuggles

Since it was Diana's ring passed down to the boys, my guess is it isn't part of the royal collection.  Perhaps a daughter will inherit years down the road.  If Harry & Meghan don't have any daughters, my guess is Charlotte might get it .... just speculation on my part.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

After Diana's death, when the boys were a little older, they were allowed to choose their favorite pieces from Diana's jewelry collection, to keep in their possession.

Harry actually chose Diana's sapphire engagement ring from Charles, but years later when William was ready to propose to Kate and wanted that ring, Harry gifted it to William for Kate.

It's in one of the many books I have about Diana. Of course, the rest of her personal jewelry collection is theirs too, but put away for 'safekeeping'.

What a great guy Harry is.

"After Prince William’s and Prince Harry’s parents, Prince Charles and Lady Diana, divorced, Diana returned her engagement ring to her ex-husband. It was stored in Kensington palace. After Diana’s death, Prince Charles allowed his two sons, William and Harry, to select mementos from her possessions. Harry, the younger brother, picked the engagement ring, while William chose a gold Cartier watch. But when William took the decision to propose to Kate, the brothers exchanged their mementos. It’s said that Harry thinks of Kate fondly as a sister and that both princes wanted her to have their mother’s ring."

http://news.thediamondstore.co.uk/facts-kate-middletons-engagement-ring/

101117-diana-ring-vlrg-9a.grid-6x2

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Were I Kate, I'd have much rather had that aquamarine than Diana's sapphire... But I guess it is what it is and, of course, the sapphire is beautiful. I just remember reading that while it's a nice ring, there was really nothing special about it... in royal terms, of course. Most of us would be gobsmacked to have it... So if Harry nabbed the sapphire, the aqua and several of the diamonds used to make Markle's engagement ring, one wonders what William opted to keep from Diana's collection.

Kate doesn't seem to do big jewelry, though. Even when protocol requires a tiara, she seems most often to opt for diminutive ones, unlike Camilla, who always seems to like to wear something the size of a hubcap on her head...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
QVC Customer Care

Several posts were removed as they were off topic and argumentative

Beth QVC

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Were I Kate, I'd have much rather had that aquamarine than Diana's sapphire... But I guess it is what it is and, of course, the sapphire is beautiful. I just remember reading that while it's a nice ring, there was really nothing special about it... in royal terms, of course. Most of us would be gobsmacked to have it... So if Harry nabbed the sapphire, the aqua and several of the diamonds used to make Markle's engagement ring, one wonders what William opted to keep from Diana's collection.

Kate doesn't seem to do big jewelry, though. Even when protocol require a tiara, she seems most often to opt for diminutive ones, unlike Camilla, who always seems to like to wear something the size of a hubcap on her head...

@stevieb@  LOL @ hubcap!

Several commentators on TV last night talking about the wedding fashion said that Camilla's hat (even bigger than a hubcap! LOL) was too large and consequently inconsiderate of those sitting behind her.  

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Kate doesn't seem to do big jewelry, though. Even when protocol require a tiara, she seems most often to opt for diminutive ones, unlike Camilla, who always seems to like to wear something the size of a hubcap on her head...

@stevieb@  LOL @ hubcap!

Several commentators on TV last night talking about the wedding fashion said that Camilla's hat (even bigger than a hubcap! LOL) was too large and consequently inconsiderate of those sitting behind her.  

@Pearlee  Smiley Wink

I'm sure she was blocking views for at least several aisles in that chapeau...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

It's a beautiful ring and it goes perfectly with that gorgeous blue jag. 

Trusted Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Prince Harry and his new wife Meghan Markle have arrived in a converted electric Jaguar for their wedding reception at Frogmore House, after a multi-cultural wedding the likes of which Britain's royals and the millions watching have never seen before.  

Around 200 guests were due to join the couple at the evening event at the 17th-century Frogmore mansion in the grounds of Windsor Castle, where Meghan, wearing an aquamarine ring which once belonged to Princess Diana, was due to make a speech to guests.

They travelled in a silver blue open-top Jaguar E-Type Concept Zero, which was originally manufactured in 1968 and now runs on electricity on her way to the English country house which stands in the home park of Windsor Castle and is part of the Crown Estate. It is only open to individuals on three days of the year. 

The bride's evening dress is designed by Stella McCartney and is a bespoke lily white high neck gown made of silk crepe, while her Aquazurra shoes are silky satin with soles painted in baby blue. 

Her hair, styled by George Northwood, was in a relaxed up do, with loose strands tucked behind her ears amid the breeze. She was spotted wearing the large ring on her right hand which once belonged to Harry's mother. 

A double decker coach full of guests arrived at the entrance to Frogmore House for the evening reception at 7.15pm. The coach had arrived from Coworth Park hotel in Ascot, where Princes Harry and William spent the night before the wedding. 

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie arrived in a black Bentley at 7.30pm while Sophie, Countess of Wessex, arrived just before 8pm in a Land Rover Discovery. 

Actor James Corden, who attended the ceremony earlier with his wife Julia Carey, is set to play the role of host and entertainer for the reception, it is reported. Guests invited to Frogmore House, a royal estate in Windsor Home Park, were given a few hours after the lunch to rest and change outfits. 

Earlier Meghan became the first mixed-race member of the royal family in an extraordinary journey for a girl born in LA to a white father and African-American mother who fought her way through the tough world of showbusiness to land a plum role in the TV series Suits.

Harry and Meghan's big day couldn't have been more different than royal weddings of the past, especially because the prince was visibly emotional throughout - and guests suggested it was the most diverse major event in the Queen's 66-year reign with heavy influences from the US and Meghan's mixed-race background. 

The prince had looked tearful when he saw his bride for the first time, grabbing her hand telling her: 'You look amazing - I missed you' before tenderly lifting her veil. They will spend their first night as a married couple at Windsor Castle and are expected to return to Kensington Palace in London on Sunday. 

The new Duke of Sussex also said 'thank you, pa' after his father Prince Charles walked the now Duchess of Sussex down the aisle of St George's Chapel, Windsor, having stepped in at the last moment for Meghan's father Thomas.  

Thank you so much for all the information.  I wish they had televised the entire day.  I would love to have heard Elton John perform as well.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last night I spent time reading on "Daily Mail" on the internet that Diana's personal jewelry collection was not very large.  While Prince Charles

has gifted Camilla with many new pieces, he never gave many to Diana.

I love the Aquamarine ring and am glad that Meghan now has it.

One thing I read about Charles during the church service and before is that he looked after Doria quite well and offered her his hand when they walked to the side room to sign the register.  He went out of his way to make her feel comfortable and again, he and Camilla have invited Doria to their home before she returns to California.  I think Doria will return home feeling everything about Meghan's wedding went extremely well.

Respected Contributor

I love that ring.  Shawn is wearing a gorgeous replica of it tonight.  It’s on advance orders for mid July.  It’s 49 dollars.  What a fun looking ring.  It’s my favorite cut, emerald.  Can’t wait to get it.