Honored Contributor

Re: Meghan Threatens to Sue Canadian Paps

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@CJC wrote:

That Meghan is a real piece of work.

@CJC  And she's not through with us yet.  She's just getting up steam, and, appears to be relishing in it.  

Some might say the same about her so very avid detractors.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
 He clearly has no respect for his heritage. Costco clerk? Nurse assistant? Hope he can find something.

Neither do not need to work.  At least not in the near future.

Meghan has $$$ saved/invested from her so called acting career.  She may have a trust fund from daddy.

Harry inherited $16 mil cash from his mama.  The $$$ does NOT include the other things he inherited from her.

On the local news today, it was mentioned that Harry will be renting their home (the one they will pay back the construction fees) at a cost of £360,000/yr = $398,952.09/yr (US).  At that rate, he will need to sell, auction, Ebay, QVC, HSN off some of his mama's things.  Especially so if they have to hire their own personal security team.  I would love to be the fly on the wall for the bidding sessions. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Was it a public park or private area of the place they were staying? Does anyone know?

I read it was the same park where she had taken a photo of a couple who was trying to take a selfie (that made the news too)  so I assume it was a public park.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Guess we know now how they intend to make a living.

@CrazyDaisy  I've lost all hope I once had in this lovely young woman.  Clearly, publicity is what she feeds on - no matter what kind.   Asking --- no, demanding privacy, and yet exposing yourself to the public, then threatening to sue, is just beyond reason. 

Agreed. In the beginning, I was all onboard for Team Sussex and was hoping  that Prince Harry would finally find the love, security and stability that he seemed to need. I was hoping that Meghan was the one to do that, despite a few misgivings about her. I remember turning to my daughter while we watched H&M's wedding and saying "She better not hurt him." 

Sadly, I think that in the end, that is exactly what she will do. I've come to believe that Meghan personifies that Hollywood celebrity "climb your way to the top" mentality and that marrying into the royal family was her way of "improving her brand" and upping her star power to the A list level. I don't see this marriage lasting, I think it's just a matter of time until she's back in Hollywood and Prince Harry is discarded and left to pick up the pieces. Fortunately, I believe that the royal family, from the decisions they have made concerning "Megxit", have wisely left room for Harry to return to the family, if and when he wants to. 

I really hope I'm wrong. I'd hate to have to eat all those bad words that I said about Piers Morgan. 😳😬

Honored Contributor

@minkbunny wrote:

I can understand wanting to go for a walk on what was described as a rare decent weather day this time of year in her new home area.   What I can't understand is her crying about wanting privacy yet being in public and smiling at something or someone so she didn't seem to be harassed or upset.

Yes, she has the right to privacy if that is what she is craving.   I am surprised that the multimillion dollar estate she is staying at doesn't have enough outdoor space wiith privacy to suit her needs.   If not, perhaps she should seek another multimillion dollar residence with a private walking trail.  

One cannot have it both ways,   " I want to be free to come and go but will sue you if you observe and photograph me doing so."

Kinda ironic that an actress is so camera phobic. Smiley Surprised

@minkbunny  Great point!  I had read it has many acres.

Honored Contributor

Keep piling on the lawsuits and if they win any of them they won't have to work.

Respected Contributor

It's nice to see her looking happy.

Honored Contributor

Meghan seemed to be relishing the attention, case closed.
Esteemed Contributor

A bit off topic.  But I remember Jackie O in her final illness while living in NYC still being photographed when she left her apartment.  It never ends.

I thought this couple might have stayed in England and retreated far into the countryside, living on a grand estate surrounded by a lot of land.  I bet the perimeter could have been secured with some effort.  It would not have been the ultimate solution, but it would have been a valiant attempt to calm things down.  But then, nobody asked me.  Nobody does!

Esteemed Contributor

Don't feel sorry for them.  They put themselves out there and that's one of the consequences of being "celebrity".  You can't have your cake and eat it too.

It's my understanding they'll use their celebrity to support themselves. e.g. she just got a deal with Disney after DH had spoken for her.