Honored Contributor

Re: Meghan Threatens to Sue Canadian Paps

[ Edited ]

@bathina wrote:
We dont know if theybe sent a cease and desist letter. The TMZ article has no source. It could be made up for all we know.

@bathina 

While I'm not surprised that you would say that, TMZ pulled the photos after receiving reports of the cease and desist letter, but the UK newspapers are still showing them.

The owner of TMZ is an attorney, so I'm not surprised that he would pull the photos after a threat of a lawsuit.

The fact that their attorneys issued the cease and desist letters is reported on many other news sites, do a google search and take your pick.

Of course you won't, you prefer to just dismiss everything with no proof or evidence that it's not true, as usual.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

It's just a sad situation all around. I fear that Prince Harry will never find the peace and privacy he seeks for his family from the press and papparazzi, certainly not now. Once Princess Diana was no longer an official member of "The Firm" the media interest just intensified and spun out of control. At least within the official royal family structure, there is a certain layer of "insulation" and control from that insanity. Now, they will just be stalked relentlessly 24/7 like celebrities, the way Diana was in her last years. 

What puzzles me though, is if Meghan was being stalked against her will by paparazzi hiding in the bushes, why was she looking directly at their cameras and flashing a red carpet worthy Hollywood smile?  She didn't appear to be alarmed, upset or angry that she was being followed. Something doesn't add up. 🤔

@Maltichonmom17 

True, the photos were taken in a PUBLIC park, how can you have a 'reasonable expectation of privacy, in public?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

I dont know.  She had 2 bodyguards with her and they couldnt stop the photographers?  Why didnt she just turn her back?

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't about Canadian law but if she was in place, like a park or shared pathway where there was no exception of privacy then she doesn't have a legal leg to stand on.  However, if she was walking on private property, or if the photographer was on that private property or had to use telephonic lense to get the picture,  she likely has a case.  Although I think this is really a firm warning to the paparazzi.  This is what you can do,  this is what you can't do.  This is similar to the time that William and Kate were on vacation and she was sunbathing on a balcony and the photographer took picture.  There was a lawsuit.   

@chrystaltree 

She was walking in a public park.

Honored Contributor

Was it a public park or private area of the place they were staying? Does anyone know?

Esteemed Contributor

I have no sympathy for any public figure who is photographed while out in public. That's the price you pay for the fame that you quite comfortably live off of.

Meghan knew what she was getting into when she married Harry.Her arrogance is starting to annoy me.

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom the link you attached said lawyers had sent a letter to British news outlets. Didnt say which ones, didnt say a letter was sent to TMZ. So which is incorrect? You or the source you linked to?
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@occasionalrain 

It's obvious, that walk with Archie and the dogs and the body guards was staged to trap a photographer into doing exactly what one did.  Planned so that their security team could set the rules and get the "warning" out.  They aren't naive, they know they can't escape the paparazzi unless they go withdraw from public life totally.  They just want to set some ground rules.   

You can set ground rules without staging a fake incident. 

I don't think it was a fake incident.  She took the baby and the dogs for a walk on the grounds on the estate they were staying in.  Where no photographer should have been.  Hence the "warning".   

@chrystaltree 

No, she was hiking in a public park.

Frequent Contributor

Wasn't she smiling and looking towards the camera??   I'm already tired of both of them.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Was it a public park or private area of the place they were staying? Does anyone know?

@occasionalrain 

It was a hiking trail in a public park. Anyone could have taken their pic.