Super Contributor

Related image

Oh that is interesting.  A show where all "Suitcase girls" are 'scantily clad-ed', yet she objects to women washing dishes.   Is "Compromise" her middle name?

Respected Contributor

I remember reading somewhere that after Diana and Charles divorce that Diana was told to “settle down” or they would take her title from her. It was the Queens husband that told her as she was not able to be called “Royal Highness “ but could retain the “style” Princess of Wales.  He told Diana “to behave.” Lol

Her life will definitely change in the sense of she can’t just say or do what she feels. I wish them happiness. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Meghan Started Young

[ Edited ]

@bathina wrote:

@Laura14  I beg to differ on a 12 year old's ability to recognize societal stereotypes and think in a socially conscientious way. I have a 12 year old niece, 10 year old nephew and 7 1/2 year old grandson who would shock you with how they think and what they know. 

@bathina, since you are aware of the children's thinking and knowledge I am going to take a huge leap of faith and say congratulations to their parents for recognizing that even young children can and do have deep thoughts and let them express themselves.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Trusted Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

Her feminist views are a thing of the past now.

How so?

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Kids that age are just parroting their parents.  But I do applaud her mom for encouraging her daughter's public expression and teaching her that girls are not limited in any way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HA! Not me. Wherever did you get this idea?

Honored Contributor

Women's rights are human rights. Don't see how human rights are "political". If people think they are, for me that's a sad state of affairs. 

I like to think the royals care about human rights issues, even though they avoid other aspects of being vocal.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@FuzzyFace wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

Kids that age are just parroting their parents.  But I do applaud her mom for encouraging her daughter's public expression and teaching her that girls are not limited in any way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@FuzzyFace  Science 

Respected Contributor
Feminism - Wikipedia
Feminism is a range of political movements, ideologies, and social movements that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve political, economic, personal, and social equality of sexes. This includes seeking to establish educational and professional opportunities for women that are equal to those for men.

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:
Feminism - Wikipedia
Feminism is a range of political movements, ideologies, and social movements that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve political, economic, personal, and social equality of sexes. This includes seeking to establish educational and professional opportunities for women that are equal to those for men.

Wow.  That just sounds so wrong...not😏

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@FuzzyFace wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@FuzzyFace  Science 

What kind of science? There's many different kind of "science".