Respected Contributor

Some people are assuming the Queen is going to be the Queen forever. One day, Charles will be king and I believe you'll see the monarchy progress much more quickly. Meghan will certainly defer to the Queen and adhere to whatever protocol is in place now. But she won't be constrained forever.

Honored Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

So what happens if she does get political? Are they going to disown her?

I suspect she and Harry would be warned and if it continued they would lose their home and be excluded from all Royal events. In effect, be disowned.

Honored Contributor

Re: Meghan Started Young

[ Edited ]

@JJsMom  Common sense

@bathina  I have almost the same but it doesn't matter.  The brain doesn't fully mature until 25 and while pre teens can scratch the surface, there is no way a 12 year old fully comprehends the implication of societal stereotypes and corporate marketing.

Children live what they learn and just because they are expressing an adult concept in an adult way doesn't mean they get it.  What they get is an adult took a teaching moment and it stayed with them.   Kudos to the adult! 

Honored Contributor

Oh good gravy, the beatification continues...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@JJsMom wrote:

I suspect she and Harry would be warned and if it continued they would lose their home and be excluded from all Royal events. In effect, be disowned.

I think it would be more subtle than that, but the Crown is an entity as much as it's a person and it's only going to be pushed so far so fast without pushing back...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

That's why I only give their union a few years ... how can someone so outspoken now be harnessed to be non-verbal.  Once Charles takes the thrown (I pray his mother lives to be 114), then the monarchy will lose its regal stature.   

Times are changing, the monarchy needs to be abolished...anyone remember Anne Boleyn....I am sure she would have felt the same way.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@JJsMom wrote:

@occasionalrain  Oh what would they do???

Image result for are there no workhouses christmas carol gif

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@bathina wrote:

I've been following her since it became public she was dating Harry. She is a smart and very well travelled, self made woman.

She had a lifestyle blog which was quite good- she finds the most interesting foods, vacations in the nicest and also most rustic places (she's bicycled throught Vietnam). I don't think she was "parroting" her mother, as much as she has always been a deep thinker and just all around smart cookie.

Did you know she was a "briefcase girl" on Deal or No Deal? 

@bathina  LOL  So only good looking women can open a suitcase but it's wrong to assume that only women can wash dishes.  You can't make this stuff up.

Related image

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Members of the Royal family are not permitted to vote nor make public their political views. Markle is and has been tolerated because of Harry, they have expressed their acceptance and regard for her publicly because of Harry no matter their personal feelings. She will have no influence on anyone other than Harry. I suspect in time that will get old even for him. 

My thoughts exactly, you are right on!

Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@bathina wrote:

I've been following her since it became public she was dating Harry. She is a smart and very well travelled, self made woman.

She had a lifestyle blog which was quite good- she finds the most interesting foods, vacations in the nicest and also most rustic places (she's bicycled throught Vietnam). I don't think she was "parroting" her mother, as much as she has always been a deep thinker and just all around smart cookie.

Did you know she was a "briefcase girl" on Deal or No Deal? 

@bathina  LOL  So only good looking women can open a suitcase but it's wrong to assume that only women can wash dishes.  You can't make this stuff up.

Related image

I'm not quite sure I understand the comparison.