Honored Contributor

Re: Meghan Markle Baby Shower In NYC

No one I know would have a baby shower. We can all afford to buy whatever our baby would need. We do give a gift when the child is born. 

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

forget it.....snarkers are so not worth my time.  

Respected Contributor

I’m glad she is going to enjoy the needed support of a gathering of friends, given some of the nastiness she has had to endure. I’m sure she needs that circle of love right now. 

Honored Contributor

She's definitely trying to go 'incognito'.

Meghan Markle pictured in NYC as she prepares to attend baby shower

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

An intimate baby show among friends is as much for the people throwing it as it is for the mother-to-be.  It's something they want to do for their friend.  How can you begrudge Meghan that?

I seriously wonder about some of you sometimes...

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

An intimate baby show among friends is as much for the people throwing it as it is for the mother-to-be.  It's something they want to do for their friend.  How can you begrudge Meghan that?

I seriously wonder about some of you sometimes...

I don't know if people say these things just to get a rise out of people or if they truly believe them.

Anyway, good for Meghan.  It's her first baby and I'm sure she's thrilled and excited.  Why would anyone begrudge having a celebration for a new life is beyond me...

Esteemed Contributor

Just what a wealthy royal couple who live in a palace needs, free stuff!! 

I think it’s great that they’re in love & together.They look like a lovely couple. JMO but I think it’s tacky to have a baby shower.A nice get together with friends to catch up would have been more appropriate.

Respected Contributor

Is it possible that all the gifts will be donated, so we need not worry how will she ever get them back to her palace?

What worries me more is how uncomfortable it could be flying 6 hours with a very large stomach.

Esteemed Contributor

Maybe this is just a time for her to get together with some of her good friends she hasn't seen in a long time. Perhaps it is a tea or lunch and some much needed girl-time.

Everyone assumes there will be gifts. Since she can buy whatever she wants and it is against Royal protocal, maybe they are making donations to some of her favorite charities.

I hope she has a wonderful day and enjoys the time with her friends.

Honored Contributor

@Rockycoast wrote:

There is no reason for Megan Markle to give away her gifts to anyone. What a silly statement to make to give them away. Her friends are giving her a baby shower. End of story. She is entitled to have just as much fun and share the joy of having a baby and all that entails  as is anyone.  Maybe you see a shower as a gift grab, that is your mentality. But it is not mine. We have showers to enjoy the company of the guests, the majority of which are family and friends. Gifts are secondary.  SMH

@this is my nic wrote:

Anyone here get an invitation?  I didn't.  I wonder why these people need a baby shower.  The main reason for showers is to get gifts.  I hope they give any gifts to charities that support needy families. 

You think baby showers about need?  In your world a shower is charity?  Not in my world.  No, the main reason for a shower is NOT about gifts unless you happen to be tacky person.  Showers are about celebrating, whether it's a wedding or a birth.  It's about a woman's friends gathering together to celebrate the occasion and to socialize and to spend some girl time with each other.   It sounds like Meghan's shower is small and intimate and whether there will be gifts or not is irrelevant.  But this is their dear friend's first baby and I'm sure they will all want to give her some from their hearts.