Valued Contributor

Re: Meghan Markle Baby Shower In NYC

@vacationday wrote:

@this is my nic wrote:

Anyone here get an invitation?  I didn't.  I wonder why these people need a baby shower.  The main reason for showers is to get gifts.  I hope they give any gifts to charities that support needy families. 

@this is my nic  very good point !! 

I’m thinking she’s beyond thrilled to get to visit with her friends in person, not over a text or FaceTime, whether she opens a receiving blanket or not. 😉

Honored Contributor

That old 'jealousy' card, rearing it's head again...

People can have differing opinions without jealousy being a factor...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

From Page Six of the NY Post today:

"Page Six has learned that Markle is in New York City for her baby shower, which will take place on Tuesday. Markle’s best friend and stylist, Jessica Mulroney, is also in town to shower the mom-to-be. The exclusive party, we’re told, will take place at a hotel on the Upper East Side  ...  It’s unclear if Markle will also have a baby shower back in the U.K."

There was a artical written about royal families  not allowed to have baby showers . The royal family has no need for any presents because they want for nothing, and it looks bad for struggling British people. I'm  assuming  she'll  give away her presents to charity

Honored Contributor

They also have a private plane, so they can easily load up any "gifts" onto the plane.

I assume her friends will be giving her things that have special meaning and not necessarily off the Babies R Us registry.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Frequent Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

They also have a private plane, so they can easily load up any "gifts" onto the plane.

I assume her friends will be giving her things that have special meaning and not necessarily off the Babies R Us registry.

The gifts will go into the hold of the plane and will need to be boxed up to prevent breaking.  @VaBelle35 

Trusted Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

So, should no one of means have a baby shower?

Correct! They have no need to

Frequent Contributor

@Ifeelwicked wrote:

@vacationday wrote:

@this is my nic wrote:

Anyone here get an invitation?  I didn't.  I wonder why these people need a baby shower.  The main reason for showers is to get gifts.  I hope they give any gifts to charities that support needy families. 

@this is my nic  very good point !! 

I’m thinking she’s beyond thrilled to get to visit with her friends in person, not over a text or FaceTime, whether she opens a receiving blanket or not. 😉

Guests do not come empty handed to a baby shower.  That is just ridiculous. 

Respected Contributor

@Ifeelwicked 

If the idea is to get together with friends then have a party, not a shower.  Showers have one major purpose, to get gifts.  Again, I hope any gifts that aren't monogrammed will be sent to a charitable organization that assisrs families in need.  

Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady,

I've never been to a shower that wasn't about giving and receiving gifts.   If she wants to spend time with family and friends, throw a party and specify "no gifts please" or "instead of gifts" please make a donation to a charity that supports families in need.   The royals do not need baby items! 

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

So, should no one of means have a baby shower?

@QueenDanceALot   Only if the gifts can be taxed at 70%.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh