Honored Contributor

Re: Meghan Markle Baby Shower In NYC

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Flaunt versus Flout.

Which did Meghan do?

Thank you, I missed that mistake and have changed it.

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@NYwoman wrote:

I read that it is protocol for royals NOT to have baby showers and to return all gifts given them.   It's lovely for her to have a get together with all her friends to celebrate the upcoming birth.  But she accepted royal protocol when she got married and playing the American card seems sad.   

@NYwomanI agree w/you.  It's like she is thumbing her nose at Harry's family and is going to do what she wants no matter what.

And he's going right along with her... I suspect he's 'whipped', but one wonders how long the stars in his eyes, or whatever, will last...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

en. Re: Meghan Markle Baby Shower In NYC

[ Edited ]

Well then. This thread has certainly been entertaining. 

What boggles my mind is that people invest so much energy, thought and attention, both positive and negative towards people they don't know, won't likely ever meet and whose public face is only what their well oiled PR machines want you to see. 

The Queen is unhappy! The Queen is thrilled! Diana would be proud! Diana would be jealous! They're so in love! It's all an act! No one knows what, if any of that is true, yet people spend so much time arguing that their view is the correct one, and if you don't agree with them you're either a hater or stupid. 

Why are folks so invested in the lives of these people? I certainly don't wish them any ill, but beyond that, I have exactly the amount of interest in them as they do in me - absolutely none. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

Binge watching Masterpiece Theater doesn't make someone an expert in Royal Protocol.

Honored Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:

Markle's husband, Prince Ginger Harry,  is sixth in line for the throne.  Pretty low down there.  I freely admit, I'm not a fan of Meghan.  She has always struck me as "it's all about me."  I haven't seen her do any humanitarian work, fighting for women's causes or anything noteworthy since joining the Royal Family.  But she sure does spend huge bucks on the wardrobe she flaunts. 

This baby shower certainly breaks ranks with the Royals "under the radar" attitude.  The Queen must be mortified.  $300,000 sure would go a long way to buying diapers and cans of baby formula to those who are truly in need.  And that figure doesn't include gifts.  Why didn't Meghan ask her very wealthy "friends" to write checks to mom's truly in need or hospitals treating babies born addicted or with birth defects?

I've had my brains beat in here for expressing my opinion regarding Megs.  That's okay.  I am what I am, I believe what I believe, and express what I think.  And I think the Duchess of Sussex is a phony through and through.  She bagged her Prince and now snubs her nose at all Royal protocol. If this marriage lasts two more years, I'll be the one eating her hat in Macy's store window on Thanksgiving Day.  LuLu

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 

Are we all invited to the Hat Eating?

Or will you post the event on youtube?

QVC Customer Care

Re: en. Re: Meghan Markle Baby Shower In NYC

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYwoman wrote:

I read that it is protocol for royals NOT to have baby showers and to return all gifts given them.   It's lovely for her to have a get together with all her friends to celebrate the upcoming birth.  But she accepted royal protocol when she got married and playing the American card seems sad.   

@NYwoman, I think royal protocol changed when Kate had her baby shower.

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

It's not to be believed that the Queen was pleased with Harry's choice of wife. Harry seems somewhat unstable like his mother and the Royals, so far, cater to him. 

They would speak to him about his wife but Harry can't or won't influence her. She does as she pleases and stopping her is next to impossible. If they excluded her they would hurt Harry and lose him. 

No one needs to be close to any of them to see that Harry is in the middle and chooses to please Meghan but he's not the jolly Harry he once was.

One would think that if Meghan loved him, she wouldn't disregard Royal tradition and come between him and his family. 

This is too funny. From the Queen's lips to your ears?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Its Me LuLuBelle2  @Harvard99 @occasionalrain Though not popular to say so, I have long felt that Harry chose his bride almost as another 'mission'... another 'cause'... another 'in your face' move... She's older, she's American, she's divorced and, to be honest, she's really pretty average... And yes, like some of you, I do think she was expert in maneuvering her way into his world... Personally, as noted, I don't care if she has baby showers or not... I have always found it curious, however, that she seemed quite content up to the age of 37 to remain childless but apparently couldn't wait to seal the royal deal... She might well be all sweetness and light, but that hasn't been my assessment... And for the record, my feelings are not based in resentment or jealousy, nor are they racially motivated, and, at the end of the day, I don't lose sleep over what she and he do or don't do... I simply am not a fan and will never understand why some here have chosen to take this woman, unflinchingly, to their collective bosom... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I think that we all can admit that we occasionally open up threads about topics we aren't really interested in just to read the hot mess that develops.  Now, That's Entertainment!