Esteemed Contributor

Re: Meghan Markle Baby Shower In NYC

The shark has officially been jumped. 

Esteemed Contributor

@willomenia wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

From Page Six of the NY Post today:

"Page Six has learned that Markle is in New York City for her baby shower, which will take place on Tuesday. Markle’s best friend and stylist, Jessica Mulroney, is also in town to shower the mom-to-be. The exclusive party, we’re told, will take place at a hotel on the Upper East Side  ...  It’s unclear if Markle will also have a baby shower back in the U.K."

There was a artical written about royal families  not allowed to have baby showers . The royal family has no need for any presents because they want for nothing, and it looks bad for struggling British people. I'm  assuming  she'll  give away her presents to charity

I'm sure she has no need for anything that was given to her and it would one of the kindest things she could do if she gave them to needy families.  Incidentally, isn't it a rule that the royals are not to accept gifts and baby showers are a no no?

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

19-meghan-markle-nyc-1b.w330.h412.jpg19-meghan-markle-nyc-3.w460.h575.jpg

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

19-meghan-markle-nyc-1b.w330.h412.jpg19-meghan-markle-nyc-3.w460.h575.jpg

The first thing I noticed when I saw pictures of Meghan in New York was her carrying a large handbag.   I'll bet she misses that since it isn't appropriate in the UK, and I can't imagine having to carry a small clutch every place you go. Not for me thank you.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Valued Contributor

@ILTH wrote:

I think Markle is beautiful. I love most of her clothes.
I was just thinking, today, with all the coverage of her in the papers--- who cares? I'm just so sick of her, the rest of the Royals, the special treatment. For whatever reason, I really resent people in this country being treated that way. If the UK likes to have royalty, fine. But in NYC, she's just another face in the crowd. There are just too many people, famous and not famous, who are deserving of adulation and special treatment everyday-- and, yet, they never get it. 

And, no, I'm not jealous. 

Well, if you're NOT "jealous", then you must be "resentful." - (just kidding) LOLOLOLOL!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

@bathina wrote:

I definitely sense a lot of jealousy here. It's almost like you can only give and accept gifts if you're in a position to accept or give charity. Ridiculous. Baby showers these days ARE parties.

It's not 1952 where the 19 year old pregnant newlywed needs onesies and bibs. SOME people like to buy nice things for their friends and family just because they can.

@bathina   What a narrow view of our world.  No, its 2019 where some 19 year old pregnant girls and newlyweds NEED every little thing a new baby requires. Yes, bibs, onesies, pampers and everything else.  That's what a shower is,  historically a party given to "shower" a new first time mother with all the items a new baby requires.  Subsequent babies don't get showers, only a party with less focus on gifts, a 'sprinkle.'
There's no jealousy here. Some of you sound like you think you're in the same league financially with the Royals, that you can just afford anything you want in the world, for you and your friends.  You're not!  Sounds like you're the ones jealous of them.

I haven't seen any posts like that.  Who has implied that they're in the same league financially as the Royals, or that they can afford anything they want?  I thought I had read every post, but none that I can remember fits that description.

NYC Susan, I have seen a few remarks here and there, don't let it get to you, just consider the source.  I have learned to watch for certain names and it prepares me for what is coming if I decide to read their comments, that way I'm not shocked!!!!! 

Valued Contributor

Markle's husband, Prince Ginger Harry,  is sixth in line for the throne.  Pretty low down there.  I freely admit, I'm not a fan of Meghan.  She has always struck me as "it's all about me."  I haven't seen her do any humanitarian work, fighting for women's causes or anything noteworthy since joining the Royal Family.  But she sure does spend huge bucks on the wardrobe she flaunts. 

This baby shower certainly breaks ranks with the Royals "under the radar" attitude.  The Queen must be mortified.  $300,000 sure would go a long way to buying diapers and cans of baby formula to those who are truly in need.  And that figure doesn't include gifts.  Why didn't Meghan ask her very wealthy "friends" to write checks to mom's truly in need or hospitals treating babies born addicted or with birth defects?

I've had my brains beat in here for expressing my opinion regarding Megs.  That's okay.  I am what I am, I believe what I believe, and express what I think.  And I think the Duchess of Sussex is a phony through and through.  She bagged her Prince and now snubs her nose at all Royal protocol. If this marriage lasts two more years, I'll be the one eating her hat in Macy's store window on Thanksgiving Day.  LuLu

Esteemed Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2 wrote:

Markle's husband, Prince Ginger Harry,  is sixth in line for the throne.  Pretty low down there.  I freely admit, I'm not a fan of Meghan.  She has always struck me as "it's all about me."  I haven't seen her do any humanitarian work, fighting for women's causes or anything noteworthy since joining the Royal Family.  But she sure does spend huge bucks on the wardrobe she flaunts. 

This baby shower certainly breaks ranks with the Royals "under the radar" attitude.  The Queen must be mortified.  $300,000 sure would go a long way to buying diapers and cans of baby formula to those who are truly in need.  And that figure doesn't include gifts.  Why didn't Meghan ask her very wealthy "friends" to write checks to mom's truly in need or hospitals treating babies born addicted or with birth defects?

I've had my brains beat in here for expressing my opinion regarding Megs.  That's okay.  I am what I am, I believe what I believe, and express what I think.  And I think the Duchess of Sussex is a phony through and through.  She bagged her Prince and now snubs her nose at all Royal protocol. If this marriage lasts two more years, I'll be the one eating her hat in Macy's store window on Thanksgiving Day.  LuLu

Apparently your disgust applies to "Prince GINGER Harry" too.  As for your last paragraph I am so saving this post.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marp, yes I certainly think Prince Ginger is a fool too.  Remember his naked photos in Vegas?  Remember him wearing a N@zi uniform?  Well I do.  He's a fool and a disgrace.  The Queen spoiled him beyond all points of reason  Guess that's because the Royal Family went out of their way to disgrace his mother and it backfired on the lot of them when she died.  But that's a whole different story.

Have at it, save my post for whatever bizarre reason you see fit.  LuLu

Esteemed Contributor

@Marp, yes I certainly think Prince Ginger is a fool too.  Remember his naked photos in Vegas?  Remember him wearing a N@zi uniform?  Well I do.  He's a fool and a disgrace.  The Queen spoiled him beyond all points of reason  Guess that's because the Royal Family went out of their way to disgrace his mother and it backfired on the lot of them when she died.  But that's a whole different story.

No bizarre reason LuLu, just want to see if you are a woman of your word if the marriage lasts another two years.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Valued Contributor

@Marp wrote:

No bizarre reason LuLu, just want to see if you are a woman of your word if the marriage lasts another two years.

@Marp, my word is golden.  But nice dodge on your part about Harry behaving poorly and disgracing the Royal Family.  See you in November 2021 when these two "lovebirds" are done and over.  Let's shake on it, part as friends and come back in two years.  One of us admits they were wrong and apologizes to the other.  Up to it @Marp?  I am.  LuLu