Respected Contributor

Re: Meghan Markle At Pippa's Reception

@Pearlee wrote:

@Yardlie  Oh, I read that too. So now I wonder if that other article had a typo and it really was Meghan wearing the maroon backless gown?   Possible.  We'll find out --- eventually I'm sure.

@Pearlee ... It is all so secretive yet! I read that Meghan was wearing a long black gown with a white jacket, and the article was questioning whether or not it was a faux pas for her to wear black to a wedding. I've seen weddings where all the bridesmaids wore black, so I think any color goes...except maybe for people to avoid white since that is reserved for the bride.

I really don't know who Meghan is either...just what I've read. I don't watch much tv, but it is kind of fun to hear about these royal-ish weddings.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

Meghan Markle doesn't fit the usual norm for a British Prince, she's American, divorced, an actress and biracial thus creating all the speculation on their relationship. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

Meghan Markle doesn't fit the usual norm for a British Prince, she's American, divorced, an actress and biracial thus creating all the speculation on their relationship. 

@JaneMarple

You hit the nail on the head.  If I'm not mistaken, there was the added interest of this couple attending their first public event together.  So I'm sure all the photographers were just as interested in them as they were the bridal couple.   Perhaps more.

Honored Contributor

Meghan Markle is one of our favorite actresses on one of our favorite shows "Suits."

We call that show "The Donna Show."

"The Donna" is a feisty and witty woman who runs the law practice practically by herself!

Meghan Markle's character has also been developed as that of a "strong, capable young woman."

The rest of the show is sometimes just bluster and fluff, but that is my personal opinion.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

Meghan Markle is one of our favorite actresses on one of our favorite shows "Suits."

We call that show "The Donna Show."

"The Donna" is a feisty and witty woman who runs the law practice practically by herself!

Meghan Markle's character has also been developed as that of a "strong, capable young woman."

The rest of the show is sometimes just bluster and fluff, but that is my personal opinion.

@LTT1

NOT to derail the thread, but I was wondering .... why did Gina Torres / Jessica  leave the law firm?   

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44

The storyline, to me, was a weak excuse for her to be able to pursue her "private love life with Jeff, the guy she put second to her career."

The law firm had to re-build "blah, blah, blah" because they had messed over just about everyone in NYC. Knowing a bit about Gina Torres' great talent, both acting and opera, it seemed only natural that she would leave at some point.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee@Tinkrbl44@JaneMarple@Yardlie@Melania

I included everybody whose name came up just for grins.

I want to say "ALRIGHTY THEN, I GUESS THE DAILY MAIL, etc, DOESN'T WANT US TO KNOW WHAT MM WORE!"

This is supposed to be humorous! You should see the whining tweets on TWITTER and how the internet has let us down!!!

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

And in the eyes of the British upper classes - royalty and ancient landed gentry - it's #1 that's the most inappropriate thing about her. Used to be that #2 was a heavy-duty no-no, but the British aristocracy no longer have anything to brag about in the "not divorced" category.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Pearlee@Tinkrbl44@JaneMarple@Yardlie@Melania

I included everybody whose name came up just for grins.

I want to say "ALRIGHTY THEN, I GUESS THE DAILY MAIL, etc, DOESN'T WANT US TO KNOW WHAT MM WORE!"

This is supposed to be humorous! You should see the whining tweets on TWITTER and how the internet has let us down!!!

I found a couple articles online telling how top secret everything was and that guests were not allowed to take photos with their cell phones or other cameras. Pippa had security ensuring this.  I read that Pippa did not want any photos released without her permission. One article was by The Mirror. I tried to post it, but it would not work.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44

The storyline, to me, was a weak excuse for her to be able to pursue her "private love life with Jeff, the guy she put second to her career."

The law firm had to re-build "blah, blah, blah" because they had messed over just about everyone in NYC. Knowing a bit about Gina Torres' great talent, both acting and opera, it seemed only natural that she would leave at some point.

@LTT1

Gina had a nice part on The Catch, playing an FBI agent.  Too bad the series was cancelled.