Esteemed Contributor

Re: Meghan, Hold your head up high

I will admit that I love all things British, and I do follow the royal family.  I also have fond memories of touring England, including Windsor Castle.  I respect that many could care less about the wedding, but I am very interesting in watching.

I am happy for this young couple and think they will have the opportunity to concentrate on their common humanitarian interests.  Isn't it nice to take a day off from so much trouble and hate in the world?  To me, love is worth celebrating, and it is obvious they love each other.  I wish them every happiness.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Yahooey wrote:

I find it amusing for all the people that find this ridiculous bvt yet have to open every thread and comment -

come'on - you can watdh it and I won't tell anybody

@Yahooey, in all fairness to those people, it is a particularly dominant topic here. :-) I do open some of the threads, even though this whole fascination is foreign to me.

@suzyQ3 we could have used a Royals forum here. Smiley LOL

And I'll be watching.  Can't wait to see her gown and tiara, and her flower girls. I am sure some of her family is an embarrassment to her, I am sure she is mortified and was worried something would happen. But it will be a spectacular event I am sure.

Honored Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

?  I don't 'love' her and have no vested interest in whether this marriage survives or not, lol.

It's sad to me that there are people who love her and don't even know her.

Like any other marriage, I wish them happiness but I don't really have any interest in all things royal wedding either.

However, it's no skin off my nose what others want to do.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@SydneyH wrote:

?  I don't 'love' her and have no vested interest in whether this marriage survives or not, lol.

It's sad to me that there are people who love her and don't even know her.

Like any other marriage, I wish them happiness but I don't really have any interest in all things royal wedding either.

However, it's no skin off my nose what others want to do.

I guess you could look at this issue from a different perspective.  There have been some negative posts about her, needless criticisms, from people who don't even know her.  I guess that fulfills some kind of need for some.  I find that kind of sad.  I like this couple - "love" means different things to different people.