Honored Contributor

Re: Meghan, Harry, Kate and William All Turned Out for Christmas Day Services

Thank you, thoughtful, kind @Annabellethecat66, it's my distinct pleasure!

I agree, no need for the journalistic commentator to point that out about Meghan-- it is needlessly condescending.  Like anyone joining a new group, there will be a learning curve as you adapt to new ways.  Some of the arcane rules and protocols of British royalty are a bit overwhelming to any newcomer....

One thing most of the royals are quite good at is meeting with and chatting up the public. No matter how they feel, they must be brightly interested, appreciative, informed about the town or region they are walking about in, and have a fount of ready small talk.  The Queen is a master of this, but it seems that most of the younger ones have a genuineness to bring to the enterprise that is engaging.  Oh, maybe Princess Anne and Prince Philip are occasionally betrayed by impatience, ha, but they do try!  I believe with her caring heart and her performer's savvy, Meghan will fit right in.

Hope you had a wonderful holiday with your family, @Annabellethecat66.   2018 is going to be a big year, I hope!

Honored Contributor

I don't think Megan is a pauper. She isn't wealthy like the Royal family ,but few people are.

Honored Contributor

According to TMZ (and some others) Meghan is worth somewhere near $3-7 million.

https://www.morningledger.com/meghan-markle-net-worth-how-much/13118052/

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Who is paying for MM wardrobe these days? She no longer has a job as an actress so where is the money coming from?

@SilleeMee  I believe the royal family is paying for her clothes.  They are also paying for the wedding.  This is the way it should be, as not even Meghan can afford to pay the kinds of bills involved with a wardrobe of this caliber, which must be kept up daily.  It's the same thing for the wedding.  The royal family is very wealthy and gets money from the public, so they can and should pay.  I assume that Diana and Kate also had these clothes bought for them for public appearances.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Who is paying for MM wardrobe these days? She no longer has a job as an actress so where is the money coming from?

If you quit your job tomorrow, would you be broke ?

I wouldn't be buying $1500 handbags if I was jobless.Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1

I would, and many others.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the pix!  I love fashion, my favorite outfit was Kate's coat and hat, LOVE that. 

Megan looked good, also, her hat was very different, nice ensemble.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I think people in her business make significantly more than the average person.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Valued Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

I think people in her business make significantly more than the average person.

@QVCkitty1  I would never bankroll that kind of wardrobe if I were Meghan (or Kate or Diana).  Why should she spend her savings on designer clothes for public appearances for the royal family?  I also don't think Meghan is as rich as some say.  She was in that TV show for six years.  It wasn't a major show, and she seems to have had an expensive lifestyle, which was  necessary for her position as an actress and minor public figure.

Honored Contributor

Not long ago, I read that the clothing for the boys and their families comes from Charles, who is independently wealthy.

"... he gets some private spending money and has all of his official activities paid for using the income from the Duchy of Cornwall.

Set up by Edward III in 1337, the Duchy of Cornwall is an estate comprising of 53,000ha of agricultural, commercial and residential property mostly situated in the South West of England.

The revenue from the Duchy belongs to the eldest son of the reigning British monarch which has been Prince Charles since 1952.

From April 2015 to March 2016 alone, the revenue from the Duchy was a whopping $35.85 million.

According to the Duchy of Cornwall site, Prince Charles uses some of the revenue to cover “the cost of his public and charitable work as well as the public and private lives of his family, The Duchess of Cornwall [Camilla], The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge [William and Kate] and Prince George and Prince Harry."

Harry and William were also left money from Diana's estate.

More here:

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/prince-harrys-fortune-where-the-royal-get...