Trusted Contributor

Re: Meghan, Harry, Kate and William All Turned Out for Christmas Day Services

@Tinkrbl44The Royals are a walking advertisement for the UK tourism industry.The country doesn't need to advertise to the masses to come and visit.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@OfCourse wrote:

@Noel7  Your post explains why commenters on the British news sites have said Prince Charles probably paid for her outfits.  They say members of the royal family are not allowed to take free clothes from designers.  That would include Meghan, they say, because she is engaged to Harry.

@OfCourse

Well, first, we don't know what kind of a wardrobe she already has, and whether she occasionally wears "loaners" from designers.   

Meghan seems to favor a more glamorous look,  and, for all we know, acquired some very nice outfits prior to the engagement.   When a gal is making $50,000 per episode on a TV series, she can afford to splurge now and then.  When your boyfriend is a prince, you can be sure photos will be taken.

If you all recall, Meghan was known to wear torn jeans and casual, loose sweaters when she was dating Harry, and was criticized for dressing too sloppy and casual for someone dating a royal. 

I hope they will just let her be herself.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Esteemed Contributor

I think they should skip Charles and William and go straight to George. He is such an adorable little boy, I think he'd make a great king!

He wanted a police car for Christmas. I wonder if he got it?

George for king!!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

He wanted a police car for Christmas. I wonder if he got it?

@sunala - In an interview Prince William said he did!

I read once that the royal family does not go overboard with gifts. It was a very interesting article about what Christmas with the Queen was like. Smiley Happy