Respected Contributor

Re: Mega Millions is at a Whopping $850 Million!

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@agb80 wrote:

Our problem is we don't buy just 1 or 2.  So we don't buy any.  Like I said on another conversation similar to this, you only feel stupid when you lose so.......

@agb80 

I don't feel stupid when I loose.

In fact, I expect to loose.

The fun comes in the possibility of winning, no matter how remote that chance is, and dreaming about what to do with all of that money.

There is nothing "stupid" about that .

@Anonymous032819 ~ I agree on all your points!

Honored Contributor

We did not buy MegaMillions or PowerBall this week.  We very seldom buy tickets for those two anyway unless the jackpot is in the stratosphere.  We just overlooked them this time. 

We do have tickets for a local lottery and those winnings would be plenty enough.

I agree, though, that buying tickets is for fun and while the odds are so deeply against winning, somebody does win.

Good luck to all who entered the drawings!

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

@Anonymous032819  I already won.  I lost no income over the last year and no deaths in the family.  My priorities are, any money laying around for lottery tickets is better served as a donation to the less fortunate.  Perhaps in a few years when 2020 is a distant memory if ever, will I feel like squandering money again on lottery tickets where the chances of winning are 1 in 292,201,338...I sincerely doubt though that the memory of cities burning and of people dying of covid-19 will ever be erased from my memory.