Honored Contributor

Meg Ryan and John Mellencamp Are Engaged!

[ Edited ]

See the article in People online or on Page Six of the NY Post.   Meg announced it on Instagram so it's right from the source.

She had dated him, then they broke up for a few years, then started dating again in 2017.  It will be his fourth marriage (that would certainly give me pause....) and she had one previous marriage to actor Dennis Quaid.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Meg Ryan and John Mellencamp Are Engaged!

I wish them well.He doesn’t have a very good track record.

Honored Contributor

The name sounded familiar - I had to go look him up.  Haven't heard that name in years.  

I'm so cynical ... I wonder if he has a tour coming up or a new recording coming out.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wonder what caused their last breakup. I would be skeptical it I were her. Maybe now that he is 67 he is ready to settle down.  I remember when he was John Cougar. I see he has 5 children from his previous marriages.

Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations!  I didn't realize they were back together.....and, I could never picture them as a couple but, of course, it's not like I know them personally.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

I wonder what caused their last breakup. I would be skeptical it I were her. 

@RetRN.  I think I remember reading they broke up because he didn't want to leave Indiana and she didn't want to live there. Something to that effect.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@RetRN wrote:

I wonder what caused their last breakup. I would be skeptical it I were her. 

@RetRN.  I think I remember reading they broke up because he didn't want to leave Indiana and she didn't want to live there. Something to that effect.

@proudlyfromNJ  That's what I remember too.  She wanted to stay in NYC.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

The name sounded familiar - I had to go look him up.  Haven't heard that name in years.  

I'm so cynical ... I wonder if he has a tour coming up or a new recording coming out.

@ALRATIBA  LOL - that is pretty cynical!  I think it's the People article, of the two I read, that photographed her wearing what to People looks like a wedding band and speculating that they may already be married.  That would be pretty drastic a publicity move.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

You really are. Just because you haven't been reading about him doesn't mean he hasn't been doing anything until now or needs an engagement stunt for publicity.

He had an album come out in May and was on TV a lot between May and June and has been on tour since. He won a singer/songwriter award and was on The Late Show back in June. He still does Farm Aid annually and that was in September. He's had several art exhibits open throughout the year, as well. He also made the news in September for things he said about politics during Farm Aid. (He's always been politically active, which is why Farm Aid has been an annual event since 1985.)

He's always been super busy guy, even if he doesn't invite you to all of his events. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

images.jpg

Congrats Meg and John. Can't wait to see wedding pictures if they make them

public. I think he was dating Christy Brinkley before he got back with Meg.

I do remember all the publicity she brought to their relationship. Seems likes

he really likes blondes.