Honored Contributor

Re: Medicare will cover vaccine

@Carmie wrote:

@chickenbutt   You would need a Medicare RX program ( Part D) or an Advantage Plan to have Medicare cover immunizations.  Medicare Part A and B never cover RX drugs.

Nothing to worry about though.  Everyone will be able to get the vaccine free of charge, even if they don't have any insurance.

Ah, I see.  Thanks so much for that info.  

Good to know that it w/b w/o charge anyway.   

Esteemed Contributor

Medicare Part B, for both traditional and advantage, covers a set of drugs/shots.  For example flu.

The CARES Act add COVID to this list.  No cost sharing.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Still Raining not all Immunuzations are covered under Plan B.  Yes, the flu is but not tetanus,, unless you have an injury or the shingles vaccine.

Update:  I just got an e-mail from Medicare with the following.

99BEE2F4-334D-404E-B7E1-2D908AE89F0C.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

I  am not sure as to when anyone 55 or older will  receive the vaccine  because they are wasting doses on  those who are not  in a high risk group and who is not even in healthcare .

Honored Contributor

@skatting44   I wouldn't call that wasting the vaccine, but it is true that some entitled people with connections will go to the front of the line.

That is always the case.

Honored Contributor

All insurances will cover the vaccine, no one will be charged.  I wish they all covered testing at no charge.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

The new very wonderful stimulus package (eye roll) that was just signed includes money so that everyone can get the COVID vaccine free of charge including the administration fee.

@Carmie ...I'm doing the eye roll with you.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam