Honored Contributor

Re: 👍🏾 Medicare & You 2022 👍🏾

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@gidgetgh   You can get the electronic version instead of a hard copy.

@Mom2Dogs - thanks. Really not worth the effort. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

On "free" advantage plans, you still have to pay the Medicare part B premium so it's not like you're getting free healthcare.  

And then there are co-pays.

Nothing is totally free.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

On "free" advantage plans, you still have to pay the Medicare part B premium so it's not like you're getting free healthcare.  

Nothing is totally free.

Ah, ok thanks.   I knew there had to be a catch.  Medical insurance is never free.    I want to delete the part B and am just trying to figure out how.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt 

Simply do a search for "Voluntarily Terminate Part B Medicare" on the ssa (dot) gov website.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@chickenbutt 

Simply do a search for "Voluntarily Terminate Part B Medicare" on the ssa (dot) gov website.

I tried searches, but didn't use those particular words, so I'll try that. 

Thank You!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt

Please contact your local  office of the aging and ask for help paying for Medicare part B. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sann wrote:

@Estellee wrote:

Are they still covering yearly mamograms?

Yes once every twelve months ........

They will cover 2-D mammos once yearly. 3-D mammos are covered if your supplemental covers them (most do but not all).  If not then you pay for 3-D mammos and copays. 

Honored Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@chickenbutt

Please contact your local  office of the aging and ask for help paying for Medicare part B. 

Hi!  Thank You.  I don't think we have an 'office of the aging' here, but we do have a SSA office here.

I just called Medicare and spoke to such a nice, helpful woman and after being on hold for a long time and then talking to her (which DID give me lots of info I didn't know), she told me I have to call SSA.

So, I called SSA and went through the usual krap you go through with any company before you get to talk to anybody and the end result of that was that they were not operating at the time (or something but the bottom line was call back another time).  *sigh*

I know there is a form to submit for what I want to do (delete PtB), but, oddly, the sites from my search that say they have that form look kind of scary so I don't want to be scammed.    Seemed like it would be easy but it's not.  Smiley Sad

I don't need the money to PAY for Part B.  I need the money that is currently going out for Part B.   If I would have known 2 years ago I would have declined it, going in, and would not be in this mess.

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

Nothing is totally free.

@gidgetgh 

My younger sister thinks she can refuse Medicare so she does not have to pay for it & keep using Medicaid when starts her SS early at 62.

We keep trying to tell her when something else is available to you Medicaid no longer will be available to use. She does not get it but she will soon.

Honored Contributor

Some people end up paying big penalties because they refuse to do the work of researching the topic. You MUST consult someone who is knowledgeable regarding Medicare to get the facts. You can not assume anything.