Honored Contributor

Re: 👍🏾 Medicare & You 2022 👍🏾

@quilter61 wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

I get so overwhelmed trying to understand some of this stuff.    I only have MedA and MedB but, since I cannot afford medical care anyway, I'm trying to figure out how to delete MedB so I can at least have a few more $$ each month.   

I can't seem to figure out how to do this.  Does anybody else know?  TIA for any advice in that regard.  Smiley Happy

My suggestion is that you contact an Insurance Broker to help you decide what plan is best for you.   They will need the doctors you see, plus any medication you are currently taking.   There is no cost to contact a Broker.   

Yikes!  I hope it doesn't take that.  Like I said, I cannot afford medical care for myself so I'm only trying to delete the Medicare B part so I can have that $150-or so back each month.  

I don't have a doctor, and haven't for nearly 20 years, except for the orthopaedic care I had, a few years ago, for almost 3 months when I broke my arm.   That was only because it was unavoidable.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I get so overwhelmed trying to understand some of this stuff.    I only have MedA and MedB but, since I cannot afford medical care anyway, I'm trying to figure out how to delete MedB so I can at least have a few more $$ each month.   

I can't seem to figure out how to do this.  Does anybody else know?  TIA for any advice in that regard.  Smiley Happy

@chickenbutt 

I suggest you take the time to learn about Advantage plans, which usually have prescription drug coverage included, and many have a $0 per month premium.  Yes, really.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Easy choice for me...an Advantage Plan with $0. monthly premium that includes drug coverage. 

Respected Contributor

@Estellee wrote:

Are they still covering yearly mamograms?

Yes once every twelve months ........

Honored Contributor

Got mine via email weeks ago.  Haven't read it.  Does anything change except the cost???

Honored Contributor

How can insurance be free?  One thing I see is a lot of tv ads and ads at other venues about all this great free insurance and it's just confusing.  I also hear about a lot that is rip off.   

I don't know where to go to get factual info, so I don't have to worry about getting ripped off.  At any rate, since I don't go to doctors I just want to find a way to delete Medicare B.

If there really is legitimate free insurance I would do that.  It's just figuring out what's for real and what is a scam.

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

How can insurance be free?  One thing I see is a lot of tv ads and ads at other venues about all this great free insurance and it's just confusing.  I also hear about a lot that is rip off.   

I don't know where to go to get factual info, so I don't have to worry about getting ripped off.  At any rate, since I don't go to doctors I just want to find a way to delete Medicare B.

If there really is legitimate free insurance I would do that.  It's just figuring out what's for real and what is a scam.

The ads you see on TV are about Advantage Plans, they aren't  magic, free or hard to find out about...you can find what's offered in your area by looking in the Medicare Handbook that arrives in the mail or logging on to the website. I have an Advantage Plan with prescription coverage that has a $0 monthly premium & there are others with monthly premiums that you can choose. Take a look & if you need help you can call Medicare or the insurance company offering the Advantage Plans in your area for help...it's not complicated & worth your time. Be well @chickenbutt.

Frequent Contributor

That is why you need a someone to help you select a plan.  That is what an insurance broker does, they do not charge you for the service.  I also have an Advantage plan that has a 0 premium.   All of my prescriptions are covered at no cost to me.   I meet with a broker each year to make sure that my prescriptions and doctors are still on the plan.  Also, I have dental, vision, hearing aid and a lot of other coverage.  

Trusted Contributor

Chickenbutt, It’s free because they are being reimbursed by Medicare, for the care you receive. It’s like a HMO. They are managing your Medicare, just like a HMO plan would do through your employer or privately.
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh   You can get the electronic version instead of a hard copy.