Honored Contributor

👍🏾 Medicare & You 2022 👍🏾

Received my booklet/handbook in the mail today (9/20).

Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at Mon, Sep 20, 2021-1.52.08 PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: 👍🏾 Medicare & You 2022 👍🏾

Welcome to the Medicare Confusion

Respected Contributor

Are they still covering yearly mamograms?

Honored Contributor

I got my book last year (first year) and promptly filed it away. Never even opened it.  I assume I'll do the same with this year's. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I get so overwhelmed trying to understand some of this stuff.    I only have MedA and MedB but, since I cannot afford medical care anyway, I'm trying to figure out how to delete MedB so I can at least have a few more $$ each month.   

I can't seem to figure out how to do this.  Does anybody else know?  TIA for any advice in that regard.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I got my book last year (first year) and promptly filed it away. Never even opened it.  I assume I'll do the same with this year's. 

Ooh, I forgot.  I got that book too.  I think I opened it once and then forgot about it.  I get overwhelmed so easily now and that's a shame.

Honored Contributor

@Estellee  You will need to check directly w/your supplemental ins carrier and/or Medicare.  You can also check the handbook/booklet when you get it.

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt I know nothing about the process, but I believe there is a combination Medicare and Medicaid. I thought you might get the medical care you need by pursuing this type program which I believe is need based.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I get so overwhelmed trying to understand some of this stuff.    I only have MedA and MedB but, since I cannot afford medical care anyway, I'm trying to figure out how to delete MedB so I can at least have a few more $$ each month.   

I can't seem to figure out how to do this.  Does anybody else know?  TIA for any advice in that regard.  Smiley Happy

@Carmie 

Can you help the OP?

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I can't seem to figure out how to do this.  Does anybody else know?  TIA for any advice in that regard.  Smiley Happy

My suggestion is that you contact an Insurance Broker to help you decide what plan is best for you.   They will need the doctors you see, plus any medication you are currently taking.   There is no cost to contact a Broker.