Esteemed Contributor

Re: 👉🏽 Medicare & You 2020 👈🏿

Sometimes I just feel like they want you to just die and go away......

What good are new cures if Insurance won't pay for them and you can't afford them....

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

I'm dreading the endless tv ads...can't  change the channel fast enough.

@kitcat51   YES!!!!!!  Problem is the ads are on every channel all day long. 

Honored Contributor

My phone has been ringing off of the hook since last week from brokers selling insurance. I have blocked many of them, but they use different numbers.

I got one yesterday that I answered because it was showing up as the company who picks up our trash. They are spoofing phone numbers now.

I hate Medicare open enrollment....it is illegal for insurance companies to call you unless you have requested information from them or are already a customer, but they continue to do so.

No one should ever entertain buying anything from them or even listening to their spiel.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oops was a duplicate post and wouldn't let me delete
Respected Contributor

@Financialgrl wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

After reading the negative information regarding AARP on this thread, I have to wonder how they keep attracting members. 

@deepwaterdotter 

i have been a member since i was 45. i have no issues with them at all. i do NOT get my healthcare through them. i dont get a ton of spam or junk snail mail. i do like the discounts and services they offer. i actually just did a 5 year renewal that saved me a little money. for me, the membership pays for itself if you just use it for restaurant discounts alone.

If you are a member of AARP, they already have you..

no need to send you junk mail with offers of tote bags, carry on luggage, water bottles, etc. to join.

I get at least one mailing from them each week.  It contains a temporary ID card and an offer for free gift.  I have been receiving this junk mail for years.

In addition, they send me insurance info for health, home, auto and life.  Their mailings are excessive.

I put all their junk mailings in the recycle container on my way from the mailbox to my back door.

Along with all the negative stuff AARP does, They also make a donation to political candidates who they thing will promote their agenda.  That in itself turns me off.

i do not like my money going to any political candidates...period.

I like the magazine but it brings on a lot of junk mail.  So I just walk back thru the garage after getting mail so I can stop at my trash toter and dispose of all their insurance offers, etc. - never makes it inside the house.

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

After reading the negative information regarding AARP on this thread, I have to wonder how they keep attracting members. 

I've been a member for 10 years and haven't experienced anything like some posters have described. No phone calls, no junk mail, no emails. I enjoy the discounts I'm able to use. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Carmie that may be it, I'm not sure.  However, me not being on Medicare and having to buy into the ACA market can only dream of $185 deductible.  Mine is $6500 (and currently $750+/month premium).  It's nothing more than a very expensive catastrophic plan.  Before the ACA I was on a high deductible plan and the premiums were a whole lot less than that.

Your situation is similar to mine, although when I decided to retire early, I planned & budgeted for high health care costs. My insurance covers only those things which the ACA mandates they must cover at 100% until I've spent $6750 out of my pocket and carries a monthly premium of $815.  Next year it will be $6850 out of pocket and cost me $859 a month. Prior to the ACA, I paid less than half of that for a 70/30 plan with a $2500 deductible. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

I've been a member for 10 years and haven't experienced anything like some posters have described. No phone calls, no junk mail, no emails. I enjoy the discounts I'm able to use. 

I was just about the post the exact same thing! 

Member for 19 yrs.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

My SO had to change and get one of his prescriptions from our northern country. He just could not afford the cost, even with his MA with RX coverage plan. He has another med that he will be switching to the same drugstore soon. Both meds are critical for him.

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal - it has state specific information in it.  If it hasn't been picked up I would dump the recycling bin to find it.

The on-line version is the generic version.