Respected Contributor

Re: 👉🏽 Medicare & You 2020 👈🏿

DH got his copy, but they never send me one.  I did not sign up to get communications on-line only, but he did.  Yet he is the one who get the printed copy.

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

Our Humana drug plan has doubled in price.  Not sure why.  Since we don't take any drugs hope to find a cheaper alternative.

@kaydee50 I don't know if it's available in your state, try WellCare.  We are like you and don't take any drugs, their cheapest plan will be $15.30 a month for 2020.

Thanks!  It is available here in Chicago but I only see prices for 2019.  Will check them out again in a few weeks.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kaydee50 

Open enrollment runs October 15 - December 7, 2019 and they  usually do not advertise their rates until enrollment day.  The one exception I have found is this booklet sent by the government.

@fresh kitty

Each state gets its own booklet so don't count on the information you see on a forum being the same for all.  States do not all offer the same plans or use the same companies.  They don't want to make it too easy for the seniors.

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess   If you didn't receive info from your DH's health insurance company do not assume his coverage is being discontinued.

They might not be offering this plan to new subscribers, but will allow those who already have it to remain.  

You could always call them to be sure, but they must notify you in writing.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Icegoddess   If you didn't receive info from your DH's health insurance company do not assume his coverage is being discontinued.

They might not be offering this plan to new subscribers, but will allow those who already have it to remain.  

You could always call them to be sure, but they must notify you in writing.

@Carmie I'll tell him that.  All I'm going by is what he said after looking at the new Medicare booklet.  I'm not on Medicare.  I have to buy NObamacare.

Respected Contributor

I'm dreading the endless tv ads...can't  change the channel fast enough.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

I have senior care plus for my supplement.  Do they have this is every state.  It seems to be pretty good.

SCP is not offered in my state. 

I have AARP UnitedHealthcare as a supplemental.  Since I am an AARP member, I get a steep discount.  My premium went up 5 bucks.  As a Federal retiree, they pay my supplemental premium as well as all my medical bills (which is virtually non-existent) in conjunction w/AARP UH. 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I'm turning 65 inn 2020. I wonder if I will be receiving that publication soon?

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess   I'll place my bet that your DH currently has Supplemental Plan C or F. These two plans are being phased out by Medicare and will no longer be offered to new enrollees for 2020 or after.

Both of these plans cover the Medicare B deductible. They are the only ones that do.  I read this is being done so that Seniors will have to pay the Medicare deductible, which is currently $185.00.  Paying that amount each year for outpatient services is designed so that people will think twice about getting services.  ( save Medicare money)

This  makes me sick to my stomach.  It will hurt people who are already struggling to make ends meet. It will also confuse seniors and cause some billing errors.  

Some providers will bill them upfront for the deductible when Medicare may not charge those services to the deductible.  Another provider at a later date might send in claims faster get their claims processed first.  Claims are not processed in date of service order, but as first come, first processed. 

All of this us upsetting to me.  I wish I had some authority to change it.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'm turning 65 inn 2020. I wonder if I will be receiving that publication soon?

If you already signed up for Medicare, you should receive the booklet shortly or soon after your birthday.

You can go on the Medicare website & attempt to download the PDF booklet.  The download will only work if you are entitled to it.  Otherwise, you will get a message that you cannot download until such & such a date.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif