Honored Contributor

@kaydee50   I do because the way they word the commercial they want people to believe they are from Medicare when in reality they are an insurance agency.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Whatever happened to truth in advertising?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Medicare Helpline

[ Edited ]

@Duckncover wrote:

They are misleading. It does mention your zip code, and I know some of the perks they mention as " free" are only available in lower-income zip codes. I find the commercials tacky and annoying...and they come out every year during re-enrollment time. Have been getting the junk mail version for a couple of weeks now. 

zip code doesn't matter so much as an area's median income.  Many people living in "lower-income" zip codes (no such thing, mind you) would not qualify for those not so free perks @Duckncover .

Zip code just speaks to what's available in that area; it's not an income qualifier.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

I don't like the ads either, but insurance is business.  We seniors just have to be careful selecting a plan. 

Esteemed Contributor

If you have a pause button on your remote control you can hit it to stop the ad and read all that fine print. If you call the number given you are put in touch with an insurance agent. 

Honored Contributor

It's obvious to me that companies advertising about Medicare plans are not affiliated with Medicare. They all give their company names in the ads. 

Stick with checking available plans in your area by using mymedicare.com.

Esteemed Contributor

What a bunch of junk!  I mute all those commercials, but I know there are unsuspecting people out there who fall for that stuff.

I would never be a spokesman for that junk.  Don't know how their conscience lets them do that!

Respected Contributor
You too? I still get calls about cars we haven’t owned for years!
Never underestimate the power of kindness.