Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I don't agree with the OP at all.

However, I will say that I have never had a good experience with an NP.  I really have no desire to deal with them because of that. 

I'm with you.  I know that many people prefer NP's, but I always prefer to see a doctor.  My mother's doctor has an excellent NP, but all the others I've known haven't impressed me very much.  Some experiences in fact were pretty awful, with serious lapses in judgment and incorrect treatment and diagnoses.  Fortunately, I have no problem seeing my PCP or any of my other doctors.

Still, there certainly are very competent NP's out there, and I definitely feel that they serve a purpose.  It's just my preference not to be treated by an NP, and I always feel better in the hands of a doctor.

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@excpa  Look up the definition of each one and the job responsibilities of each.  It helps if you actually educate yourself first before pronouncing a judgement or issuing a complaint about something you obviously know very little about.  

Some of these are the lowest paid hardest working people out there trying their best to take care of you.  

Excellent post, @Laura14!  You make some very good points.  :-)

Trusted Contributor

What's everyone's opinion of Naturopathic Physicians? 

Super Contributor

Apparently not.  You still manage to criticize me.  @hckynut

Honored Contributor

I don't think @hckynut was criticising you at all @excpa  I think he was trying to follow your line of thinking

I accept your feel the way you do. It is just many of us, have had a totally different experience, than you have had

Honored Contributor

@puttypiesmom wrote:

What's everyone's opinion of Naturopathic Physicians? 

I've never worked in a hospital that had one and I'm pretty sure they don't go to medical school and are not real physicians.  Inlike osteopathic physicians who are real doctors and can do everything an MD can do.  They just take a holistic approach to medicine.

Honored Contributor

@excpaX we had a wonderful hospitality when my mom fell and shattered her hip, but he couldn’ take her as a private client because he had NO OFFICE PRACTICE at all, just his hospital assignment.