Esteemed Contributor

Re: Medical appointment via phones

@meem120 

Thanks for the reassurance.  Ever since I was forced to learn "word processing" in my job (1970s), I have had an aversion to anything technical.  

While I've managed to navigate most things, I still feel like a technoboob!

Trusted Contributor

Witchy, actually, if your blood pressure is an issue, you should take it sitting and standing twice a day and record . My experience has been it’s always higher in the office for me. If your pressure isn’t an issue and is in the acceptable range, it shouldn’t be a problem. I understand your apprehension, but it’s really simple. Best to you.
Esteemed Contributor

I have had two telemed appointments. They sent me a link via email. I logged on thru that link. Pretty soon the physicians showed up on the computer or my phone. 

I also had an appointment just talking on the phone. 

I love it.

Respected Contributor

I had my oncologist appt over the computer. She had all my lab results and I had taken my vital signs. I used my IPad because of the bigger screen and the visit went off without a hitch. It was the best Doctor's visit I've ever had.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

Yes, I've had two.  One audio only on my phone and one video with my PCP to discuss test results.  Both were fine and I appreciated the opportunity to have both.   No problems at all.

Trusted Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I don't want a smart phone. Too expensive. I'm afraid they will have to wait till I can walk in to the office.

I don't want to learn yet another techie device. Just paid 1,000 for a Apple Macbook air in Sept of '19 it's in the shop right now. More you got the more you have to pay out on, keep current, hassles, etc.

I had one recently on my land line phone.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

ugh.....Didn't work for me either....I don't have a smart phone. I have a desk top and they kept sending me a LINK which I could not figure out and they got mad.......then I got mad that they got mad as I'm the one who pays the doctors and needs help. They said I did not have the right 'something'....... I'm really discouraged. 

eta - They will not do over the phone/must be that face to face thingy.

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

I've had two.  The second one was a follow up.  The office sent me the app.  I scheduled it for 2:00 one day.  And I got on my phone about 5 minutes before the time.  I had developed an infection. We talked on the phone and I could see him.  It was like a video conference call.  He told me to go the lab and then go home.  He sent me a perception.  After I took the medicine, I had a follow up video call with him.  And that was that.  The only time I worried was going to the lab.  There are sick people there.  But I was one of 2 patients there. I guess we're going to have to this for quite a while.  I originally thought the virus would get through in another year.   It might take longer now.  

Honored Contributor

my 79 year old mother has pretty much not been out of the house for roughly four months. the ONLY times she is out is if she has a doctors appointment (she does NOT want to do the phone appointments or the zoom appointments) or when her dog has a vet appointment. she has maybe been out 6 or 7 times total in that four month period. the doctors offices are taking lots of care to ensure that their patients are seen on time and safely. she actually has liked it this way.....much less waiting time than normal.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I had a telemed appt back in.March right after they shut everything down. They called ahead of time and gave me a link to follow at my appt.time, It was like FaceTime. I was supposed to have a neuro check due to my meds like touching my toes, following a pencil with my eyes, etc......hard to do on the screen, but we managed. I am supposed to go in person in two weeks but am now thinking they may cancel due to the big increase in cases here now.