Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

God Bless my dear, and may you find yourself in better shape ,than you have been in your life 

I admire you so much, for all of your courage, and being a survivor

I am always so glad to see you post, for I know you are a bit OK. I wish moonchilde and noel were still here

I consider you all my friends, and I truly care about you

*sigh*  (bolded by me) Ditto that, my dear!  Smiley Sad

I am not so brave but I guess I just keep finding one reason at a time to keep on keepin' on.  Smiley Very Happy   To be honest, I'm shocked that I've made it this far. hehe - and despite myself to boot.  

Thank You for being so kind to me and I think I've already told you that it matters a lot to me.   I never EVER forget the kindnesses of others.   I never ask anybody for anything, but I value every morsel of kindness I've received in my life.  If you know me at all, you know I don't say anything that's not true.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I am seeing my surgeon on Wednesday about the same thing. He mentioned it the last time I saw him. I am ready to try it. Nerve pain from tongue cancer. Just can't take the pain anymore. He said it comes in many forms and you can get it without the THC. That's what I want to try plus I am in a deep depression. I will post about how it goes. Good luck to you also. 

Esteemed Contributor

I know someone who suffered with pain & fatigue for many years.She just started using Medical Marijuana a few months ago.She feels like a new person!! If I needed it I wouldn’t hesitate.Good luck!!

Honored Contributor

@luvdoodles wrote:

I am seeing my surgeon on Wednesday about the same thing. He mentioned it the last time I saw him. I am ready to try it. Nerve pain from tongue cancer. Just can't take the pain anymore. He said it comes in many forms and you can get it without the THC. That's what I want to try plus I am in a deep depression. I will post about how it goes. Good luck to you also. 

I wish you all the best!   That just sounds dreadful and you NEED relief - of whatever kind you choose.   Take care.  Heart

Respected Contributor

A friend of mine with cancer and neuropathy takes in the form of a chocolate. She just breaks a little piece off before bedtime and can at least sleep through the nite. That's what I want to try for my nerve pain. 

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt

I hope the Rex keeps you on a level where life is enjoyable and sleep heals.  ( Love Shakespeare’s quote here on sleep: ...It knits the raveled sleeve of care. ). And, if It isn’t perfectly quoted....I majored in French Lit, lol.

If your name is on a post, I will always read  and enjoy it !

Be well.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I know someone who suffered with pain & fatigue for many years.She just started using Medical Marijuana a few months ago.She feels like a new person!! If I needed it I wouldn’t hesitate.Good luck!!

how i would love to feel like a new person...i'm not the person i used to be....it's been so long....

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt  I did read that they are having luck with magic mushroom in the treatment of depression, and I think also perhaps ,PTSD..There is a bit about it  on the daily mail website ,you might want to look at

Honored Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@chickenbutt

I hope the Rex keeps you on a level where life is enjoyable and sleep heals.  ( Love Shakespeare’s quote here on sleep: ...It knits the raveled sleeve of care. ). And, if It isn’t perfectly quoted....I majored in French Lit, lol.

If your name is on a post, I will always read  and enjoy it !

Be well.

Thank You for your kindness!   I am having more time feeling better (almost normal - wo!) hehe - and I still make a point of not using it all the time.    I'm very practical, so I'm good about that.  I am so used to feeling bad all the time that just knowing I can feel good some of the time is totally good enough for me!  It might not make sense, but it really is true.   The knowing that I can medicate on plan (I like structure Smiley Very Happy) helps me feel less bad the rest of the time.  It really does!  Yeah, I'm weird.

Even when I've been able to have pain meds, or sleep meds, on hand I get great comfort from that and would do something like plan 2 days a week when I take the meds (just one dose, so they last longer) and can have a few hours of not only feeling kinda good, but of being able to do more tasks without the pain or fatigue, or in the case of sleep meds I know I can have Wed and Sun (or whatever) to get some sleep.  Haven't had any of those for a while.  

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@cherry wrote:

I don't drink ,or use drugs, but if I need to use this, for pain, at some point in my life, I will

Good luck to you @chickenbutt  I hope it helps you..let us know

Hey Darlin!   I first went to the weed store this last December.  It was odd, buying weed, at first.   Admittedly I used it in the 70s, 80s, and maybe a little into the 90s.  But that was just about having fun I guess you could say.  Smiley Wink

Now, at over 60, it was a bizarre experience but I have such a myriad of problems that I really was compelled to give it a go for a whole different experience.  Anyway, I feel like it helps because it does make me feel better and, just if I used during the afternoon, I will sleep a good amount (for me) - often 5-6 hours during the night.   I don't use at night, however, as I don't really want to get high at night and then go to bed.   Not sure why - just weird.  But doing it earlier in the day sets me up to sleep better and more.  Smiley Happy

As for my PTSD and depression, it makes a heckuva difference!  I've been struggling with that quite a bit lately and this has made all the difference.

Now, you CAN buy weed that doesn't have the THC in it, or very little - not sure but definitely a big dif.  But, IMO, and if I'm going to pay all that money, I would like a little buzz to go along with it.  I smoke very little and don't get wasted or anything - probably 2-3 hits will give me 2-3 hours of just feeling much better, not depressed, not angry, and those voices from my childhood that often dictate how I feel are not there.  That - priceless!!  Smiley Very Happy

Anyhoo, hope this finds you well my dear Cherry!  Thank You for being you.  Heart

You can also vape, which my brother does. It is odorless and smokeless. You get a vape and a cartridge of oil (he uses the kind with THC). He pays $50 for the oil cartridge which lasts nearly 2 weeks. He pulls on the vape a couple of times a day and it has allowed him to live nearly pain free. He had a work accident where an industrial HVAC unit fell from a crane and pinned him. His back was crushed. He's lucky to be alive. If he wasn't able to get the medical MJ script, he's be addicted to opioids by now.