Honored Contributor

@cherry  Remember, there is a MM pill on the market that your doctor can write you a script for. It's been around for a long time. Easy to get from your doctor if you ask; it's written for children as well as adults.

Just in case you want to try it and see it how it goes. Hugs. : )

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam  thank you. I am fine at present but I am old and you never know what might happen. I think this stuff is safer than some of the scrips I have read about. I always try to stay abreast of things 

Honored Contributor

I had to laugh today when I pulled up to the MJ store.  A vending machine filled with chips had been installed — lol.  No Mallomars though.

I get a senior discount plus my discount card was punched.  😊

I mostly use a tincture of CBD and THC now.  Like @chickenbutt said, it doesn’t eliminate the pain but sort of blurs it, relaxing me enough to sleep well.   I never ever leave the house after using it either.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Medical Marijuana...

[ Edited ]

up-date on filling out form.....just read where i need a criminal background check and fingerprints!!  wondering if any of you cardholders had to go through this process....

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I have to watch my sugar ,and I haven't smoked since my 20's, but I am sure if I need it, I will figure out something

The tincture version has 10 calories, @cherry, and I don’t get the munchies so it has no affect on my blood sugar.

Respected Contributor

It comes in capsules. I take 1 four Times a day. No high at all, costs $379 a month. It does not relieve my pain as much as take the edge off. My pain management md said it helps about 50% of the patients who try it.

@cherry wrote:

I hope it comes in a patch. I don't know if I would be able to inhale it very well

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

I had to laugh today when I pulled up to the MJ store.  A vending machine filled with chips had been installed — lol.  No Mallomars though.

I get a senior discount plus my discount card was punched.  😊

I mostly use a tincture of CBD and THC now.  Like @chickenbutt said, it doesn’t eliminate the pain but sort of blurs it, relaxing me enough to sleep well.   I never ever leave the house after using it either.

@tansy, I am sorry that you are in what sounds like intractable pain. At least this helps somewhat.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@nana59:  DH says no background check or fingerprints (further added "If they did that...I'd be standing in the dispensary by myself"(ha ha).

Respected Contributor

I grow my own, and  been using it for over 20 years...helps a lot with my ailments

Respected Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

up-date on filling out form.....just read where i need a criminal background check and fingerprints!!  wondering if any of you cardholders had to go through this process....

I think it depends on your state.