Honored Contributor

Re: Medical Bills for Telamed Visits

@chrystaltree 

I am not sure I am following when they sent me the bill they knew it was going to e submitted to my insurance company, so essentially they sent a receipt not a bill with the correct coding. This is indeed very frustrating. I know the issue stems from the Doctors office, the once sweet neighborhood dermatologists have now become the Medical spa specializing in Botox and Juviderm and apparently they have forgotten how to practice real medicine

@chrystaltree wrote:

It certainly is frustrating.  This is what I do for a living so I understand what happened here.  Everything happened very fast with the pandemic, it took time for the insurance companies to decide how they would handle and reimburse telemedicine visits.  It took time for that information to get out to doctor's offices.  It sounds like your doctor is in one of those small practices that didn't keep up with the changes.  They handled it wrong from the very beginning; they should not have billed you but they didn't know how to bill a telemedicine visit and they didn't bother to call the insurer and ask for assistance.  They just took your money and called it a day.  There's no CPT code on that bill because they billed you and not the insurer.  It was "self pay" so it didn't need a CPT code or a Tax ID number. If you are going to submit it to the insurance company, you have to ask them for a new bill that includes all of the information they provide when they bill an insurance company.  A copy of that "self pay" bill is insufficient.  Your problem is not with the insurance company, it's with the doctor's biller.  

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

Re: Medical Bills for Telamed Visits

Oh yea... Botox and Juviderm.  BIG biz now.  Easy money.  Look at a lot of hosts, see anu changes in their face over the last year.  GURL !