Esteemed Contributor

TMZ:

The singer's manager, Michael Greene, confirmed Meat Loaf died Thursday night. Sources with knowledge tell TMZ ... he was supposed to attend a business dinner earlier this week for a show he's working on -- "I'd Do Anything for Love" -- but the dinner was canceled because he became seriously ill with COVID. Sources tell us that condition quickly became critical.

(Disparage the source if you must, but TMZ frequently gets it early and correctly.   I believe it.)

Respected Contributor

A local station radio talk show is playing, in between breaks, clips of his songs~apparently the host was a big fan. I was never a huge fan, but hearing those songs, who doesn't recall them~they're so infectious and iconic.

I didn't realize he lived here in CT, (maybe from here, they might have said...not sure I got that right.). Anyway, they were saying he was well-liked and active in the community, coaching kid's sports etc.

Another one sadly gone, & 74 is too young. Smiley Sad RIP

Meat Loaf. Tks for the memories.

Honored Contributor

We're losing a lot of celebrities seems like.   So sad.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

I read his death was caused by covid.

I read that too, but some people die while having COVID, but not from COVID.  This man had many health concerns, including a history of heart problems and a heart attack.  

He will be missed.  He was a great talent.

Honored Contributor

Re: Meatloaf has died

[ Edited ]

Meat Loaf was a tremendous personality on stage and off.

A nicer guy could not be found.  His "meat" and greets were not just "hello-good-bye".  He spent time with those who chose the VIP package, asking where everyone was from, taking a genuine interest.

I bought this album on Ebay  for my son years ago and Aday was nice enough to sign it for him. He couldn't believe how young he looked LOL.

Correction: My son was in touch with the drummer from that concert for a long time and I have pictures of us together. 

RIP,

Stoney & Meatloaf - Stoney & Meatloaf | Releases | Discogs

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

TMZ is also reporting that he had Covid (but not that he died from it.)

Meat Loaf -- the singer with some monstrous hits -- has died at the age of 74.

The singer's manager, Michael Greene, confirmed Meat Loaf died Thursday night. Sources with knowledge tell TMZ ... he was supposed to attend a business dinner earlier this week for a show he's working on -- "I'd Do Anything for Love" -- but the dinner was canceled because he became seriously ill with COVID. Sources tell us that condition quickly became critical.

Our sources say Meat Loaf has been outspoken about COVID, railing with folks in Australia recently about vaccine mandates. We do not know if he was vaccinated.

Greene added that Meat Loaf's wife and 2 daughters were by his side when he passed away.

Meat Loaf was one of the greatest rock singers of all time. His 1977 "Bat Out of Hell" album sold an astounding 65 million copies. That album produced several hits, including "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad," which charted at #11 on Billboard.

Meat Loaf Dead at 74 from COVID (tmz.com)

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

I read his death was caused by covid.

I read that too, but some people die while having COVID, but not from COVID.  This man had many health concerns, including a history of heart problems and a heart attack.  

He will be missed.  He was a great talent.

If he passed away from Covid, I'm guessing any co-morbidities made treatment more complex and perhaps, but for Covid, he would still be here today.  A great loss.

Honored Contributor

Never a fan

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

We're losing a lot of celebrities seems like.   So sad.

@San Antonio Gal I was thinking the samething.  It is just so sad.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

That's sad.  Great singer.

Yes he was, :My favorite song is "Two out of three aint bad"  I just found it on youtube and listening to it now