Honored Contributor

I've subscribed to many over the last few years and most were fine --no problem getting them to me-- but in some, ingredients were missing or I already had the ingredients and felt like I was buying them twice. The food was good quality and the meal recipes were easy to follow--portions small, and I still had to prepare them---but the real deal breaker for me was the amount of packaging there was, especially Hello Fresh. They put in a couple of big gel packs to keep the food cold and those were very hard to dispose of--- they say the gel is recyclable and flushable but I live in an apartment building and would NEVER dump a load of gel down the toilet. Also recycling would never take them like normal things---

I also got bi-weekly fresh produce delivered too--that was pretty good--am thinking I might do that again. 

Trusted Contributor

@SaveTheTurtles wrote:

I like to have control over what I'm buying and not boxed into something. Do people purchase these when they don't know how to cook?

Some people, like myself, just hate to cook. I actually can cook, but I don't enjoy it-to me it's a chore.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Valued Contributor

We have recently tried Metabolic Meals which is gluten free for everything. The downside is I have other food allergies and would find 2-3 meals for me so husband got the other 3-4 meals. You do get to order what you want and the meals were tasty. Too much red marinara sauce though, tasty but gives us GERD.

We just tried ProMeals out of Houston, TX. It is good, smaller portions, the shrimp and fish very fresh like they can get there. I made the mistake of ordering too much and freezing it and then not thawing the frozen well enough. So it didn't heat up right and tasted bad.

Both are ready to heat meals, no cooking. We are on a break from meal plans for the time being. 

Honored Contributor

I would like to find out about some of the different organic plans. But it matters not if I look at organic or any food plan they don't tell you anything without getting your info first. Why can't they just print their menus, and pricing. They want all your info ned fore I can look at a menu...even what they serve, etc.  I filled out info and before you know it I have relentless emails, and then other emails from other plans I didn't even inquire about.  So I just left things go. I would like an organic premade meal a few times a weeks that doesn't have beef, pork ,lamb, etc  

a long time ago I tried Martha Stewart meals that you cook. They were very good but so much preparing and chopping, mincing, etc. and the fat content is higher than any I have seen. Most of her meals are 500- 900 a serving. Good, but not for me. That was years ago, I still get emails every day since I quit although I opted out. 

I would like vegetarian and pescatarian meals 3 times a week, premade.  Organic is preferred. Any suggestions?

Esteemed Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

I would like to find out about some of the different organic plans. But it matters not if I look at organic or any food plan they don't tell you anything without getting your info first. Why can't they just print their menus, and pricing. They want all your info ned fore I can look at a menu...even what they serve, etc.  I filled out info and before you know it I have relentless emails, and then other emails from other plans I didn't even inquire about.  So I just left things go. I would like an organic premade meal a few times a weeks that doesn't have beef, pork ,lamb, etc  

a long time ago I tried Martha Stewart meals that you cook. They were very good but so much preparing and chopping, mincing, etc. and the fat content is higher than any I have seen. Most of her meals are 500- 900 a serving. Good, but not for me. That was years ago, I still get emails every day since I quit although I opted out. 

I would like vegetarian and pescatarian meals 3 times a week, premade.  Organic is preferred. Any suggestions?

Have you looked at Factor 75? My son and DIL bought their Keto meals. They said they were good.