Super Contributor

Re: Meagan and Prince Harry won't spend Christmas with the royals

I heard they were spending Thanksgiving in the U.S. with Megan's mother...

does this latest information mean they will spend both holidays with her mom....

Respected Contributor

Why should it be disconcerning if they don't plan to spend Christmas with the Royal Family? We don't know all of the details about this decision. I think a lot of people are a little too invested in their lives. Meagan and Harry have every right to decide how they want to spend their holiday.

Honored Contributor

@Suziepeach wrote:

I read at E they wanted time to recharge and think about plans for next year.. omg, what do they do to get so worn out, surely they don't do what us common folk do..  Unreal... and where did I real they might be staying with O in her 23,000 sq foot home?  Another puhleeze... I was there last week and it isn't all that, LOL

@Suziepeach 

Hi Peachy!

I was there too and I agree, it wasn't all that, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@LOVEMYFURBABY   The Queen did not strip them of their titles.  It is citizens of the County of Sussex.  Just a storm in a teacup, as we say.

There is a petition started and signed by  the residents of Brighton and Hove - which are in County of Sussex -  which has already surpassed the number required to bring this proposal to a Council meeting to reject H&M usage of the titles Duke/Duchess of Sussex.

Their petition states ‘these titles are morally wrong and disrespectful to the County of E. Sussex’.

There you go.  Not much to worry about.  I think just sad that the locals of Sussex feel this way about them.  I do not think they will lose their titles - which were ‘gifted’  by the Queen but I think, in a funny way, they have lost a lot more as they are losing peoples’ respect purely by their own actions.

Esteemed Contributor

@newname0 wrote:

This is so disconcerting.  You would think they would like their newborn son to be with his grandparents and great grandparents.  What can they be thinking?

What are they thinking?

The are thinking that it's their life, and they can spend Christmas any way that they wish.

But then again, this is another "I-Hate-Megan-She's-an-evil-witch-so-let's-bash-her-because-everything-is-her-fault" thread.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

Given the age of the Queen and Prince Phillip I would not want to miss a Holiday.  Would have loved another Christmas with my Grandparents (Great Grandparents). 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

I think six weeks or more in L.A. would be good for them.  It must be suffocating for them in the UK.  It would be for me - and I'm not even royalty!  I love all the history and remarkable preservation in England but it can be a bit overwhelming.  Back to the U.S. and it feels like I'm living with a lighter load.

Esteemed Contributor

A lot of people would have to DIE first, in order for Harry to ever become King.

The REALITY is, he'll NEVER sit on the throne (except for the one in his bathroom!).

Everybody knows that, or so I thought.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

@newname0 wrote:

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@newname0   Perhaps they want to spend some time with her mother, who is also little Archie's grandparent.

I applaud them for sharing their holidays and traditions with both sides of the family. 

Yes that's true but if you were summoned to spend Christmas at the White House would you decline?

----

I sure would 😊

QVC Customer Care