QVC Customer Care

Re: Meagan and Prince Harry won't spend Christmas with the royals

Honored Contributor

Their choice, their business.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@newname0 wrote:

This is so disconcerting.  You would think they would like their newborn son to be with his grandparents and great grandparents.  What can they be thinking?

Why on earth would anyone find where the royals spend Christmas "disconcerting?"

Seriously?????

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

@newname0 wrote:

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@newname0   Perhaps they want to spend some time with her mother, who is also little Archie's grandparent.

I applaud them for sharing their holidays and traditions with both sides of the family. 

Yes that's true but if you were summoned to spend Christmas at the White House would you decline?

Yes, I would. In a heart beat.   Glad to see they are dividing their time between both families.

Honored Contributor

Gotta say,  as per family and friends in England, many see them as the modern day Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson. Moving and residing in the US would probably be a good idea as Harry continues to fall out of favor with more and more of the population. The fact that the odds of him or any of his children ever sitting on the throne is so low that it wouldn't matter if they did. Of course, there is also the issue that if they move to the US, the public wouldn't be so keen on supporting them (which is already an issue regarding the royals).

Time will tell.

Frequent Contributor

Harry  and Meghan wanted to take some time off  from the Monarch.      The Queen was  really upset and stripped them  of their titles.   She also cut off Harry's money he recieved.  Also Prince William and Harry are not on good terms.   That may have something to do with not spending Christmas together.   

Honored Contributor

@newname0 wrote:

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@newname0   Perhaps they want to spend some time with her mother, who is also little Archie's grandparent.

I applaud them for sharing their holidays and traditions with both sides of the family. 

Yes that's true but if you were summoned to spend Christmas at the White House would you decline?

What does the White House have to do with any of this?

Esteemed Contributor

Summoned?  As in a court summoning you as a juror?  Pretty dramatic word choice.

Honored Contributor

I haven't read that anywhere so I'm not going to jump to believe it.  However, if it's true.  So what?  Harry is NOT an heir to the throne,  he's free to walk his own path.  He's free to do what he wants with his life and his family.  We don't know what is going on within that family but it appears that there are members of that family who have not accepted and supported Meghan in the way that Harry wanted and expected.  Perhaps they will spend Christmas with Meghan's mother, she's every bit (if not more) family to that child than the royals and she lives thousands of miles away.  She cannot spend as much time with them as she would like due distance and their schedules.  The Queen and Charles live a stones throw away for Harry & Meghan' home.  It's easy for them to visit anytime any of choose to.  What are they thinking?  I believe they are thinking that they want their child to be surrounded by love and acceptance.