Honored Contributor

While out shopping today we went thru McD drivethru to get iced coffees.We noticed that on the menu boards they now post the calories of their drinks.Over the years McD has gotten a bad rap for the high fat & calories of their drinks. Good for them posting this information. 

Respected Contributor

Re: McDonalds showing calories

That's not new.    

Honored Contributor

They've been doing that for years where I live.  All the calorie and nutritional info is on the website.   Not that it matters, people know that sugary drinks are packed with calories.  

Honored Contributor

But this is right outside on the menu board where you order the drinks.

Respected Contributor

It's on the menu board when you go through the drive thru.   I thought it was a law???

Honored Contributor

Here's a 2012 article about McDonald's posting calories.

Inside, outside...one of the same.  

I noticed my Starbucks couple yrs back posting calories or their drink/food menu. 

I thought it was required by law restaurants had to post....

IMG_1625.jpg

Respected Contributor

We were in KFC and next to each item it said something like "Call 888-1426" with different "phone numbers" by different items.  I was wondering what the heck that was all about until I realized it said Cal.   Duh.

Respected Contributor

I'm glad they are doing it...I noticed Little Caesar's is also.  I don't do fast food very often...but seeing the calories posted right on the board has helped me make a bit better choices!!

Honored Contributor

I haven't been to McDonald's except for coffee and the bathroom for a long time, but I think the calories have been available at all the big chains for a long time.  Hope having them right in their faces helps parents make decisions.

I know I totally changed what I will eat at a Cheesecake Factory once they started giving calorie counts right on their menus!  I just don't need a 1500 calorie lunch!

Respected Contributor

They've been posting the calories for about seven or eight years here. I love(d) their iced coffee with a shot of vanilla. Figured it was unhealthy and gave it up when I saw the numbers. Went back to plain old black coffee which was why I was there to begin with, excellent coffee anyway.