Respected Contributor

McDonalds Ruined my Happy Meals

Oh my, the plastic toys are going by the wayside.

Replacements will be cards and pop up paper toys.

What the heck!

Read there was a petition back in 2019 against plastic toys.

Unreal, now what's the next things these people will ruin.

I have my box of toys I've collected, now I think they'll probably be worth something.  Just one of the silly things I've collected.

Honored Contributor

Re: McDonalds Ruined my Happy Meals

@Just Bling    Read your own thread.  You just wrote one about Gatorade being unavailable because the resin beads for making the bottles were unavailable.  Maybe this is affecting all plastics? Perhaps you answered your own question. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Wendys still has plastic toys in kids meals. Switch over to W -problem solved.

Honored Contributor

My grandkids got these really cute cardboard trucks that they have showed me several times. They said they got them from Wendy's.

If I hadn't seen how creative they were I would have been sad hearing the plastic toys were gone too.

But really, its a good choice. Going forward.

I remember waiting in long lines with other mothers at McDonalds to get the next newest toy in the happy meal. I loved them as much as my kids.

But these cardboard trucks are really cute! I think you'll be impressedSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Is it possible that some of those plastic toys from China contain toxic substances (such as lead) in their paint?

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1   No, it's really not possible.  McDonald's is too cognizant of the safety of their products. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Better cardboard and paper than plastic floating around in the ocean or ending up in landfills.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@Just Bling   McD will reduce plastic toys by 90% by 2025.  This is a good thing.

They have plans to use recycled plastic toys to make new trays, too.  This is a good thing.

So you still have 3+ years to keep collecting.Woman Frustrated

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

I'm sure that paper toys are better for the environment. I've actually given up those nasty little plastic grocery bags - for this reason. I think the world will be just fine without plastic toys in McDonald lunches. Plastics are a REAL problem for the earth!!! I hope more and more people will wake up to that reality and start to refuse plastics whenever they can.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling You can have mine.  Huge plastic bags full of them.  I'm trying to find a way to get rid of them without having to throw them out.