Honored Contributor

Re: McCartney's Ex Heather Mills In Guinness Book of World Records

I wasn't going to comment on this thread, but nothing Heather Mills could accomplish would change my opinion of her.

She was another pathological liar (and believe me, I read and listened to some of the claims she made before, during and after that nasty divorce and they were so outlandish, they were risible).

The most laughable was that she didn't even "know who Paul McCartney was", when she met him at a big charity event.  She just thought he was "a nice old man who'd maybe had a hit song in the 60s".  Yeah, right.

When the divorce was finalized and she didn't get as much as she wanted (just over £24 million, plus child support, for less than 6 years of marriage).  She wanted £125 million and was so infuriated at the judgement that she poured a jug of water over the head of Fiona Shackleton, McCartney's solicitor, in the courtroom.  IMO, she should've been done for contempt.

The judgement by Justice Bennett is very interesting reading, as is her true life story.  Just another Amber Heard, IMO.

If she's turned her life around (on his money) fine.  It won't change my opinion.

And to anyone:  no, I don't think Paul is a saint, so forget that argument.  She's responsible for her actions.

Valued Contributor

Since I don't know the details of anyone else's marriage and I believe less than nothing the tabloids print, I'll wish the former Mrs. McCartney a hearty congratulations. This is quite an achievement! I've always thought her very attractive and she looks wonderful on skis. I hope she and her daughter are thriving.

Honored Contributor

No need to read the tabloids.  I listened to her own words and there are a lot of court records going way back, long before she became Mrs. McCartney.

But, yes, good for her, if she's accomplished something commendable.

Esteemed Contributor

I knew they were married and divorced.  But I never really knew much about her, other than she lost part of her leg.  Sounds like she had some issues.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I think I remember Heather Mills on "Dancing with the Stars," some time back (cant remember the date).  And was amazed that someone with one full prosthetic was able to dance so well, & keep up.  And I think she hung in there thru several rounds, if memory serves me.

I love reading abt Disabled Person's accomplishments, incl watching the numerous Shriners Hosp & St Jude's Hosp commercials.   So inspirational.  Still able to work with their assumed "disadvantages!"  While many times, sometimes, the rest of us, might have occasions that we feel discouraged with far less obstacles, as these "pushed" brave" disabled persons.

I cant imagine skiing with one leg prosthetic!  I had both legs, both arms, and when skiing, I bruised in "colors I'd NEVER seen before," and in "places I NEVER KNEW could possibly bruise!"  

Congrats Heather Mills!  YOU DID IT!! 

You did what *this person* could not do, with no obstacles! (and I NEVER went back to try to ski again!  Heck, I'm not even THAT crazy!) heh

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

No need to read the tabloids.  I listened to her own words and there are a lot of court records going way back, long before she became Mrs. McCartney.

But, yes, good for her, if she's accomplished something commendable.

@Venezia   When she was married to Paul, I read she wanted to be referred to and addressed as Lady McCartney (since Paul was knighted by then). Oh, those titles are important!

@MakeUpMaidn  Your memory is correct about DWTS.  Even after their fairly recent (at that time) and acrimonious divorce, Sir Paul sent Heather flowers at DWTS and wished her good luck. Sir Paul, whatta guy! ❤

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee - Yes, she's still entitled to be called Lady McCartney despite the divorce, unless she remarries.  Meaningless, IMO.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Heather wasn't the right partner for Paul but he was blessed with daughter Beatrice from their union.  She bears a striking resemblance to her father.

Screen Shot 2023-01-20 at 9.56.30 PM.png